Options
:frown:

I am new to this site and I think that it is great so far. The only thing that I am having an issue with is me. I know that I need to loose weight as I have PCOS and am trying to conceive. i am on fertility drugs and got pregnant once with a miscarriage at 9 weeks. The best chance I have of conceiving and having a successful pregnancy is to loose the weight and I have at least about 90 pounds to loose. I just don't know how to get the strength to eat properly the urges are REALLY strong to eat carbs and sugar. I think that I will try the Atkins diet as high protein and good fats and low carbs and sugar are best for pcos. If anyone has advice for me or even any knowledge of a pcos group that meets in Winnipeg, Manitoba it would be much appreciated!

Good luck to you all!

Replies

• ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I make a point of commenting on all of my friends updates and trying to be super supportive.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I also have PCOS and more weight to lose than you. This sight is absolutely wonderful. There is a lot of support, it's easy to use, and while you have to be careful, there are a lot of people who have learned a lot during their journey who are excited to share what they've learned.

While I have just restarted my journey after quitting Weight Watchers and leaving a doctor that had me on medications for weight loss, I have learned a lot over the years. So here goes some of the insight I have learned.

Slow and steady wins the race. The slower you lose it naturally, the more permanent it will be. Log EVERYTHING even if it's hurts to see how poorly you've done for the day. Knowing what you are eating and how you are exercising is the only way to know how to improve your efforts. Drinks lots of water and calorie free beverages. When I was following WW, I pledged to myself that the only calories I would drink are in my morning coffee. The rest of the day would be calorie free drinks and then I worked to eliminate diet soda from my diet. It's an occasional treat, now.

When it comes to your cravings for sweet and sugar, I have found that fruits help with that. I have a large bag of frozen cut fruit in my freezer and I take a serving of that with Splenda sprinkled over it for lunch. You can try some of the sugar free items on the market, but you have to watch how much of them you eat. The sweeteners mess with your digestive system and if they don't cause diarrhea, they create a lot of gas. You can also search the recipe forum for 321 cake. It's very low fat and much lower in calories, but makes a very tasty individual sized piece of cake.

View weight loss not as a diet, but a lifestyle change. To paraphase a quote that was posted on here today, we aren't losing weight, we are getting rid of it and don't intend to find it. The best way to make this site work is to log in every single day no matter how tired or busy you get. You have to find the time to do it.

Hope this helps.
  • LeslieP367
    Options
    Thank you so much for that advice it really is great. I find it motivating and that is what I need. Your information is very helpful and I will keep it all in mind, especially what to do with the craving part. Thank you so much!

Also, I wish you the best of luck as I am sure you will do fantastic! If you need support at all or just need to rant and rave feel free to message me!

Good Luck!!