At home workouts?

Options
What are some really great at homeworks that you don't have to buy? I know that there are some DVD's but are there any websites, apps, or youtube videos that are really good cardio/stregnth training?

Also how would I record how many calories you burn??/ What would I post it as???

Replies

• dhoddy
    dhoddy Posts: 35
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone? Look up Nike Training Club, it's awesome! Splits up workouts by goal (Fat loss, toning, or strength building), and then by difficulty level. There's also a variety of 15-minute, 30-minutes, and 45-minute workouts to choose from. And the more you do the more you can unlock! Additionally, many of the workouts need no equipment, but if you want to make it for challenging you can invest in a couple light-weight dumbbells and a medicine ball.

Also I would say invest in a good heart rate monitor for calorie counting, as MFP can be inaccurate. I just bought the Polar FT7 and reading what good reviews it had, and I'm excited to try it out!

Good luck!
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use motion trax, podrunner, and running to the beat they are free on i-tunes but donations are appreciated some of them are coached for cardio or running. If you can invest in one piece of cardio equipment for when you don't want to run outside you will never regret it. Also Hulu and netflix have some fitness programs if you can stream to your tv. I also think it's fun to plan your own bootcamp, grab a pal or go by yourself to a park or HS/college track. I fill up 2 gallon jugs w/ sand for lunges/squats use the benches for tricep dips, step-ups and the stadium steps for sprints or weighted lunges, monkey bars for chin-ups etc. plan your sets and reps and give it a try:smile: It's fun and the endorphins and sunshine are free!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I love YouTube !!! It has some good exercising programs have you ever tried any of Jillian Michaels DVD there are a lot if hers there!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I do all home workouts and film them, and share them on my blog/youtube page. I think I have about 200 different workouts at this point. :)
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like skinnyms.com. There are circuits and full body workouts, or workouts that target a certain area, and there are videos showing the proper form for all the moves.

I did this yesterday: http://skinnyms.com/get-your-beach-body-with-this-head-to-toe-workout/

It seriously kicked my butt!!!! :laugh:
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    if you're somewhat internet-savvy, you can download a torrent of the P90X series for free. It requires minimal investment in some dumbbells or resistance bands. My husband and I each lost more than 10% of our bodyweight at home using P90X and caloric deficit. If you go over to fitclick.com, you can enter almost any of the P90X workouts, and they've got calculations for the calories burned.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Call me old fashioned, but I have just been doing calesthinics and jogging in place while listening to the radio. :tongue:
  • bird5027
    bird5027 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have cable, I have seen some fitness stuff on the OnDemand section of my cable box. I don't know how good they are and I don't know if they are offered with all cable companies (We have Verizon). They are free, however, so at least there is no cost to check them out.