is low cal diet if high in protein ok?

Options
I am trying to really up my protein intake while cutting back on carbs and it makes me much less hungry. While I always hit 1200 calories per day, I am not always able to eat back all of my exercise calories. So more often than not my net calorie count is 950-1100. Is this healthy/ safe?

Replies

• diatonic
    diatonic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's about what I take in, under a meal plan and exercise plan from my trainer at FitOrbit. I've been at it for about a month, feeling great and I'm down about 10 pounds. I've been cheating a bit lately with some beer/wine which is probably slowing my progress, but I'm feeling good.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Your going to get so many different answers on here. Best thing would be to talk to a nutritionist or a professional. I would say no. In the long run I believe very low calories will only hurt if done for a long period of time. Sure, you will lose a lot of weight for a while intially... but long term it isn't best. I hate the 1200 number. But you should at least aim to net that number or above depending on your bmr and activity.