Hi Everyone! I could use some motivating friends :)

Options
diatonic
diatonic Posts: 11 Member
Hello all, I'm a 38 year old guy in Boise. Made some fairly major changes in my life recently. About four months ago I quit smoking. I was fat, out of shape, and my doctor had put me on blood pressure meds. We had a new baby, and I didn't like how my heath was progressing. I started exercising regularly about a month ago, and overhauled my diet. I started at 220 with a goal to get to 180. I'm more concerned about losing fat. I'm down to 210 after about 4 weeks.

I've been cheating with beer and wine a bit lately, but I'm still making progress toward my goal. I'm working with a FitOrbit trainer as well but I'm still a bit undecided on the value there.

I'm looking to add some friends to help keep me motivated!

Replies

• smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Having a reward or not so smart snack here and there is not horrible it is when it becomes routine and when you are eating the entire bucket of wings. Everything in moderation. I do not deprive myself I do think twice before I put it in my mouth but if I want it I have it. Don't get discouraged
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me! You need a good support system. Fitness Pal is definitely the place to remain inspired. Check out some of the success stories.
  • ceelg
    ceelg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I've been on the site for about a week and am finding a lot of motivation and inspiration in what so many of my fitness pals are doing here. I hope I can provide a little support too!

I don't consider wine "cheating'! I'm trying to incorporate the things I really love (like a glass of wine a few nights of week) into my health(ier) lifestyle. If I don't think I'll have enough calories for the day, it's extra motivation to hit the gym and get in a good workout. I definitely will burn more calories in a 30-60 minute workout than I will consume with a small glass of zin. :)