40 something women out there that need support?

Options
cre8inmee
cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
I'm new (again) to this site and am SERIOUS this time. Really really need to stick to the plan and not give up half way (then gain it all back....) Any middle aged women trying to slow the aging process and get more in shape? My biggest issue is consistency and need a buddy to keep me on track! Add me if this fits you!

Replies

• di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will add you I am 48 and it is hard at our age to lose weight.
  • connie21605
    connie21605 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I will be 48 on Monday. I rejoined the site a couple of weeks ago and really determined now to stick with. Welcome aboard and lets help and motivate each other. I haven't done my profile yet or loaded a picture, I still have to get my head around all that stuff.
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 41 and I have come really close to my goal a couple of time only to gain most of it back...I would love support from other women in my age group. please feel free to add me
  • rubii95
    rubii95 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be support to someone and be supported back (:
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm 48 and been here for a month and a half. Great site...the support from other's has really helped me stick with it this time. Feel free to add me. I'm on here daily.
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'd love to be support to someone and be supported back (:

That would be nice huh? No matter what age!!
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    42 in a month and a half. Feel free to add me.
  • JoanneRuddock
    JoanneRuddock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this and am 49 so have the big births day next year hence the reason I want to lose weight. I would like to be a stone lighter if I can keep my mind on it. Please add me as a friend then we can encourage each other thanks
  • desperate45
    desperate45 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    will be 45 next week.... been on board for the last 3 months....add me on .....am looking for motivation too:)
  • gbeverage1
    gbeverage1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me, I so need to do this and STICK with it EVERYDAY! Let's motivate each other and be success stories together. I love this site, just NEED to do it everyday!
  • idididitidid
    Options
    Hi, I have only joined recently and am using the site to track calories. I am 52 and had a gastric band fitted last week so my journey will go at a different pace.

It has taken years of yo yo dieting to make me reach the decision for banding and I know its not for everyone. I too still need support and would love to offer it back but understand if people have issues with the fact that I have a band.
  • tinlis
    tinlis Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm65. i have been 15-17 kilos overweight since I was 45 years old. I never really dieted but did try to cut down ( or so i thought).
    Last year I started feeling breathless when walking uphill. I walk my dog 2 - 3 times aday so thought I was doing enough.
    Now facing the aging process I want to be as fit as possible.
    I gave up my wine then cholate and then meat. I eat fish and quorn. I still have alcohol twice a month.
    Already I am breathing better. My general aches and pains have lessened.
    Believe me losing weight is VERY difficult when 65 so lose it now. tinlis
  • iFattoiFit
    Options
    I'm a 40 something Male that has lost 30 lbs in 56 days, still have 123 lbs to loose.
    I have just learnt that If you're tired of starting over, stop quitting.

Ciao for now
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've sent my request to you...anyone else please feel free to friend me, the more the merrier!
  • AudreyandHana
    AudreyandHana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 and started on the site last Saturday - so I am just starting out too and have a long way to go. Feel free to add me, if you like. Audrey x
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi. 46 & in my third week - this is where I typically lose steam and revert back to my old ways, so I could sure use some support too & am more than happy to give it. Sending friend request....anyone else on this string can feel free to add me as well!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46. This site has helped me a lot. Feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • patazzirat
    Options
    Hi there! I'm serious this time too! I'm 41, am carrying at least 30 extra pounds around my rib cage and abdomen. Change is now!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and just recently joined this site myself. Feel free to add me anytime. :)
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.

Anyone else from this thread who would like to add me please do.

I'm 45, and have been here for a while. I had a lot of success here last year, and I've some progress with strength and endurance lately, but I then I end up making stupid food decisions which leave me right at the same weight.

The more friends the better!