Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Purely Selfish Post- Ottawa People Please Help!

miracole
miracole Posts: 492 Member
I am hoping that youguys can please help me.

My dog, Glacias, a 4 year old German Shepherd/Husky/Saluki mix who looks like a young german shepherd with floppy ears ran away from doggy daycare today (July 18th) at 2:30 in the afternoon. The daycare is located at 21 Capital Drive near Merivale and Hunt Club. We are trying to get the word out to as many people as possible to keep an eye out for her. She is the world's sweetest dog, she's black and tan with adorable eyebrows and a very sweet (though probably nervous right now) temperament. She is also my number one running partner and I don't know what I'll do if I don't have her to help me to train for my next marathon.

The horrendously ironic part of the whole situation is that the only reason she was at daycare in the first place was to prevent her from running away. We had a terrible flood that destroyed all three floors of our house a month and a half ago and there have been contractors going in and out of the house every day. While it is safe enough for her to stay here with us at night, we didn't want her to deal with the stress of all the strange faces and the temptation of the open doors.

Please, anything you can do to help us find our dog would be greatly appreciated. She is one of our great joys and my husband and I are devastated at the thought that she is all alone outside. She is wearing a blue collar with a bone-shaped tag on it that has her name and our contact details on it.

A picture of her with details of her lost status was shared on the Facebook wall for the Bear 106.9 FM and the Ottawa Lost Dogs page on Facebook, please go to the site and share the photo with everyone you know!!!

Replies

• miracole
    Picture of my puppy

Glacias.jpg
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your search.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    I hope you find her.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I sincerely hope you are able to find your dog and bring her home safe.

PLEASE update us in this thread when you have any news.
  • I am hoping that youguys can please help me.

My dog, Glacias, a 4 year old German Shepherd/Husky/Saluki mix who looks like a young german shepherd with floppy ears ran away from doggy daycare today (July 18th) at 2:30 in the afternoon. The daycare is located at 21 Capital Drive near Merivale and Hunt Club. We are trying to get the word out to as many people as possible to keep an eye out for her. She is the world's sweetest dog, she's black and tan with adorable eyebrows and a very sweet (though probably nervous right now) temperament. She is also my number one running partner and I don't know what I'll do if I don't have her to help me to train for my next marathon.

The horrendously ironic part of the whole situation is that the only reason she was at daycare in the first place was to prevent her from running away. We had a terrible flood that destroyed all three floors of our house a month and a half ago and there have been contractors going in and out of the house every day. While it is safe enough for her to stay here with us at night, we didn't want her to deal with the stress of all the strange faces and the temptation of the open doors.

Please, anything you can do to help us find our dog would be greatly appreciated. She is one of our great joys and my husband and I are devastated at the thought that she is all alone outside. She is wearing a blue collar with a bone-shaped tag on it that has her name and our contact details on it.

A picture of her with details of her lost status was shared on the Facebook wall for the Bear 106.9 FM and the Ottawa Lost Dogs page on Facebook, please go to the site and share the photo with everyone you know!!!

I hope you find it. Good luck. Make sure you call everywhere that seizes lose animals.
  • LaPati
    LaPati Posts: 41 Member
    Sorry to hear this, hope she is back home soon!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Oh she's beautiful Miracole. I'm hoping and praying she's on her way home to you.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    I am so sorry...I do hope she's found and returned to you.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Took Glacias pic and put it up on my facebook added your phone #'s as well.
    I will ask my friends to share! So sorry this happened hopefully s/he will be returned to you safe and sound
    (actually in Ottawa, Ill send it around work as well)
    L.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I work near Merivale and Huntclub, will keep an eye out!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    I'm so sorry!! I'd be devastated if my dog got away from us!! Best of luck to you!!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Please let us know when you find her. I have friends who work in that area, I'm letting them know too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Bump - hope u find her x
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
    I have 5 offices in the Ottawa area, I have sent an email to all of them in hopes that they can help you out.

*fingers crossed*
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    I saw on the radio facebook and shared it! I hope you find your puppy xoxox
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Bumping - hope she is home with you soon!
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Such a sweetie!! I hope you find her!
  • miracole
    She has been found! thanks for all the support guys!

[imgtp://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q616/mira_l_cole/Glacias2.jpg[/img

she's a bit the worse for wear, is sore with food lesions and dehydrated, and she lost 7 lbs (that she really couldn't afford!) but with a few days of TLC she should be well recovered from her adventure. I don't think she'll want to do that again!

Thank you again to everyone who kept an eye out!!!
  • miracole
    blast! here's the pic

Glacias2.jpg
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Thanks for letting us know! She doesn't look super happy about the booties but at least she's home. Glad to hear a happy ending. :)