Protien?

Options
What is the damage of having 5g of to much protien but everything else being under? my stats are:
Calories - 606/1200
Carbs - 47/165
Fat - 24/40
Protien - 50/45

all the protien is coming from a salmon fillet, so yeah is it bad? shoud i eat something else instead?

Replies

• juliaamyemms
    juliaamyemms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    really no help what so ever ?? :(
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    5g isn't really a significant number to be worrying about. And getting more protein isn't going to do you any harm. The protein recommendations on here are rather low anyways. If your calories are still in check then theres nothing to worry about. I get around 200g of protein most days which is obvioulsy way over what mfp would suggest. 50 grams is awfully low.
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with getting more protein. it's used to build muscle after all. just make sure you're exercising to make it work! i have no idea how much you weigh, but i'd probably recommend more than what you are currently getting. i try to get 1.5x my bodyweight each day. obviously it differs with girls and activity level/goals, but you get the idea. protein is awesome!
  • juliaamyemms
    juliaamyemms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay thats good to know :) thank you :)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Protein is something you should encourage going over!!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    What is the damage of having 5g of to much protien but everything else being under? my stats are:
    Calories - 606/1200
    Carbs - 47/165
    Fat - 24/40
    Protien - 50/45

all the protien is coming from a salmon fillet, so yeah is it bad? shoud i eat something else instead?

You should really go into your macro nutrients and change them. That amount of protein, 45g, is WAY too low for daily consumption. I would highly suggest evening them out to a point you are getting a minimum of 0.85g/lbs of body weight.
  • EirePetal
    EirePetal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You did mean 0.85 * body weight lbs = gms of protein to eat, right? Because at that, I need to eat 243.1 gms of protein a day. Really? I must be doing something wrong.