I said NO!

Options
Hi everyone!
I am so excited right now, and I feel like sharing it with the world! I just began my weight loss journey last Tuesday, but have found so much self control since starting. Today was a hard day, as it was the anniversary of the death of my Grandma who I lost in February to cancer. It was very sudden and very fast, she passed two weeks after we found out she had cancer. For the first time since she died, I didn't cry today. However, I found myself finding the urge.. to.. binge.

I am an emotional eater and today.. I said NO! I told myself when I was starting to get upset that I didn't want a snack, I didn't want to go get ice cream. I worked out, I ate all three of my meals, drank water.. But I didn't binge. I was even under my calorie goal for the day. This is a personal HUGE success for me. I know I don't have any after pictures to show yet, but today made me realize that I CAN do this!!!

Here's to you Grandma <3

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes you can do it. I am proud of you as I am sure Grandma is!
  • DivaDiba0212
    Options
    Thanks to all! I am just so excited, I couldn't help myself but to share. One success has to lead to another!
  • OMGitsEve
    OMGitsEve Posts: 7
    Options
    great job! it does take self discipline. sorry about your loss.
  • JackieMPearson
    Options
    Keep it up! Baby steps... and one giant leap here and there :happy:
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's a big accomplishment. Good luck to you!!!
  • DivaDiba0212
    Options
    Thanks for your condolences. She always said to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and carry on. She would be smiling today. So am I
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Shes jumping for joy at the strong woman you are!! I'm a grandma, I know :) Good Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!