Does anyone else get sad about...

Options
Laura_Suzie
Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
growing older and not having that childlike innocence anymore?

When I was a child I wanted so badly to be a teenager and an adult. Now I see it's not all it's cracked up to be. I wish I could be like I was when times were simpler. I wish I didn't have to worry about relationships, school, money, and what I'm going to be when I grow up.

I know this sounds sappy, but it's 1 in the morning and I feel really upset over this and I know it's not logical... haha Maybe it's just because I'm going through a transitional period in my life right now and I'm still finding myself...

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lol my friend and i were actually in awe the other day when we realized that we're going to be 27 in less than 4 months...the last decade went by way too fast =( getting old sucks
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

When I was a child I wanted so badly to be a teenager and an adult. Now I see it's not all it's cracked up to be. I wish I could be like I was when times were simpler. I wish I didn't have to worry about relationships, school, money, and what I'm going to be when I grow up.

I know this sounds sappy, but it's 1 in the morning and I feel really upset over this and I know it's not logical... haha Maybe it's just because I'm going through a transitional period in my life right now and I'm still finding myself...

You're 18, you still are a child, go do something irresponsible that you can laugh at in 10 years
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty normal feeling to have, I felt like that many a time in my 20's. I don't think you should worry about what life you will have now in 5 years time while you grow up as things change all the time, like your morals, the people you're around etc.

It'll pass!
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

You're 18, you still are a child, go do something irresponsible that you can laugh at in 10 years

this... I'm 22 and I still feel like a child sometimes lol You may be of adult age but at 18 your still not fully an adult with huge adult responsibilities like having a house mortgage and 5 kids to feed etc enjoy your youth the rest is going to come eventually :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Pretty much. Though try worrying more about work than school. School, even college or graduate school, is less pressure filled than the workplace. Money is the major issue. And adult romantic relationships have a different tone than ones around 16-19.

But you're 18. Have fun! I'd be concerned more about you feeling like this as an 18 year old than a 25 year old.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i find that has i get older, and more comfortable with myself, that i'm almost growing younger. i've had the time to make all the mistakes, and all the time to learn from them.

it is a magical time when you are young and full of energy. you will never feel that way again. but you will feel new and different things. enjoy your late teens and early twenties. have all the fun you can, make mistakes and learn from them... turning 18 means you are starting on a new part of your life.

we may never be children again, but we can use the tools we learned then. be open to new ideas, throw yourself fully into this new part of your life. and every now and then, run with the wild abandonment of childhood.

i do hope you feel better about becoming an adult. make your life the way you want it. you are in control. :smile: