Can I get motivation on the side plz

Options
hey all. Can't believe I'm saying this but I lost my motivation for working out. I'd like to think its because my body is still recovering from my injury ( broke my collarbone) but its been three month lol 12 weeks. everything is so hard, even simple push up drive me nuts. I feel drained all the time. I have no energy. on top of all, I put on extra 10 pounds that I need to lose. I am really frustrated. I want to be healthy , energetic and happy again. I really want a jump start on this journey. Any nutrition and fitness tips will be appreciated. And I need to quit smoking. a quit for two years until my injury ugh, all the bad habits came back.
thank you all for reading.

Replies

• Skinnydana
    Options
    My suggestion would be to start off by walking a couple miles a day. It will give you a lot more energy and might give you the motivation to start working out more. I think exercise and working out go hand in hand. Once you start being more active, you'll want to start eating better too. Good luck!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I hear you on that one. I ran a marathon in October and cannot get myself back on a consistent plan. I went to the gym today, ran for 5 mins, and left. I have lost my workout "mojo." What is worse is that I know what i am capable of and just can't seem to get it back. :(
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    plan one day at a time. 10 min today for walking, 1 push up............I do not care how small! I had to restart my life after an auto accident inwhich I was injured.

I could not think of 20 this or that, so I did ONE......:laugh:

it worked for me, maybe it will work for you too!

I hope you do well :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had lost all motivation too. The best thing to do is remember why you wanted to do this in the first place. Make a list of your motivators and put it on the fridge or on the mirror in your bathroom. Then make some goals. My goals include strength training and eating vegies everyday. Start with the things you know you can do and then challenge yourself. You can do this! You just need to get started. The only time you will fail is if you don't try!!:happy: Good luck to you. I know you can do it. If I can so can you!:bigsmile:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I hear you on that one. I ran a marathon in October and cannot get myself back on a consistent plan. I went to the gym today, ran for 5 mins, and left. I have lost my workout "mojo." What is worse is that I know what i am capable of and just can't seem to get it back. :(

LOL...I went to they gym 2 weeks ago dressed down and then left...I was so ashamed of myself when I got home I decided it wasnt worth the free day.

I find I am hardered to motivate the closer I am to my goal and now that I have reached my goal I really have to force myself to go and eat right.
  • dachinababe
    Options
    Thank you all darlings. This really helps me. I need to just get off my butt and get it going. I will be healthier one step at a time. :D
  • dachinababe
    Options
    wow marathon. you ran a marathon thats amazing. If i have the stamina to run for 5 miles i would be all so happy.. haha. I'm going to start small hopefully soon I'll get back to my original shape. hope you can find the motivation too. may be your body is just tired. give it a lil rest and get back on the road. :D