Protein Powder Brands, Sucralose, etc

Options
gibran30
gibran30 Posts: 30 Member
Hi there,

This is going to be a loaded question but I have alot on my mind.
There are so many places that sell protein powders and so many different Network Marketing Companies etc, Beach Boday, Visalus, Melaleuca, and on and on..... So how do you know when looking at the protein powder drinks etc if they are really a good one or not?

Second which type of protein powder is best and why? Whey, soy, Rice and then there is whey protein or whey protein isolate

Then I ask is it bad if they have sucralose in them? Many of the protein powders that people are ranting and raving about still have sucralose in them, so does this make them bad? I had one lady tell me she would never use any protein powder with sucralose in it.

Thanks for your help, I am so confused.

Gibran

Replies

• sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd go for whey protein isolate powder every time. What it gives you is up to 28 g of protein in a 30 g serving (whey protein concentrate has less protein and more fillers, which can cause tummy problems for some folks) at under 1 g of carbohydrates.

I'd also stay away from any of the pre-fab shakes (such as Body By Vi), which generally have very little protein and a ton of carbs and are way overpriced.

Oh, and many of the whey protein isolates are sweetened with stevia, not Sucralose.
  • gibran30
    gibran30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'd go for whey protein isolate powder every time. What it gives you is up to 28 g of protein in a 30 g serving (whey protein concentrate has less protein and more fillers, which can cause tummy problems for some folks) at under 1 g of carbohydrates.

I'd also stay away from any of the pre-fab shakes (such as Body By Vi), which generally have very little protein and a ton of carbs and are way overpriced.

Oh, and many of the whey protein isolates are sweetened with stevia, not Sucralose.

This.

Have a look for optimum nutrition, try to buy online if you can as opposed to somewhere like GNC where everything is overpriced.