Perception change

Options
I want to be happy with a perception change of myself. I want to feel as good from the outside in as I do from the inside out. You know the saying "she is beautiful on the inside, has a good heart, is kind, etc". I know and like that me, and I am looking forward to seeing the "she is beautiful, pretty, hot looking for an old lady" me.

It will be nice to be seen not only for my personality but also for my looks. That is a motivation for me.

Don't get me wrong - it s not all about what others think of me, it is about how I will think of myself.

Replies

• ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I get what your saying, but when that happened for me (because I am getting the comments and the men turning their heads now) it made me feel like saying hey I am still the same person and why couldn't you see that before. I am not totally comfortable with the attention. I hope to get there and just accept the compliments and go on my way.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Perception changes are powerful. I'm constantly working on my inner and outer beauty acceptance. Self-acceptance is paramount to happiness, that's my opinion anyway. It really does not matter what others think about us if we can learn to be ok with who we are. Working on the inner is much much harder... I think a lot of my own inner growth and happiness was hindered by my failure to accept the outer for so long. Wish I had accepted myself much earlier on in the game :) Though it's never too late.
  • evademers
    evademers Posts: 55
    Options
    I havent lost much weight I am building muscle and so far the only difference is what I see and how I feel. People say I carry myself different and smile so much more, so I know I am doing something right regardless of how I look!! My Dr. said to give it 6 months of working out to get to where I want to be but complimented me on my efforts and said I look great and healthier!! Thats all I needed to hear :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I get what your saying, but when that happened for me (because I am getting the comments and the men turning their heads now) it made me feel like saying hey I am still the same person and why couldn't you see that before. I am not totally comfortable with the attention. I hope to get there and just accept the compliments and go on my way.

this has happened to me too. The mental part of weight loss - not just making the lifestyle change and living healthy - but the mental side of dealing with your success is very challenging.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Amen. I am setting my goal to maintenance and while the measurement of the number on the scale is important, I now am going to start working on the intensity of my exercise. I think it will give me an energy boost and help me get thru the work day, increase my endurance on my horn playing, and in general, keep my spirits lifted..

That being said, I don't ever want to feel as bad physically as I did last December.. keeps me motivated.
  • pprriiss
    pprriiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean (that is how it was last time I lost weight). I want to have that perception of myself from the outside in like I have from my inside out. My perception more than others perception of myself. Btw, I think you are doing awesome Shannon! You are such an inspiration to me! Hugs