losing weight to get pregnant

Options
Anyone else out there on this same path? I'm morbidly obese (according to the always accurate BMI, pfft) and I want to get healthy so I have a better time while pregnant. Add me and we can talk baby stuff, as well as weight stuff. :)

Replies

• beka3
    beka3 Posts: 30
    Options
    hey Im also losing weight to become a mum :) I have to lose 45kg and have an operation as well but my main goal is to get healthy and drop my weight. :)
  • tattooedmomma10
    Options
    That is part of my motivation to get up and get going to lose weight as well. I had complications with my first two children even though I wasn't heavy with them. But I want to reduce my risks of having complications when me and my soon to be hubby start trying to have another baby.
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I'm losing weight / toning up to be a mum too... I'm not 'overweight' as such, but want everything to be nicely toned before I stretch it with a pregnancy tum lol. Hopefully putting some work in now will help to make it an easier pregnancy and delivery - and give me more energy to run around after a little one :-)
  • Xenastrah
    Xenastrah Posts: 36
    Options
    I am currently losing weight to receive IVF. So I am losing to hopefully one day get pregnant. (6 years of Infertility, and I have had enough of my weight and waiting to get some help!)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am loosing weight to ensure a healthy pregnancy. In fact, it is the strongest motivator I have ever had to stay the course.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I went that route a few years ago.
    I lost 75 # and now I have a awesome, beautiful 3 year old because of it.
    Took me 14 months to lose and we tried for a year and a half prior to the weight loss so all in all we tried for almost 4 years before I got pregnant due to my weight loss :)

Good Luck
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to have a better pregnancy as well. We are currently already trying for number 2.
    I gaind 60 pounds with the first one almost 4 years ago. I developed HELLP Syndrome with her, my liver and kidneys were shutting down, my blood pressure was super high and my blood platelets were super low. They don't know what causes it or how to prevent it.
    Feel free to friend me!
  • albroxterman
    albroxterman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am trying to lose weight to help that and finally get prego. We have been trying for over a year and I was just diagnosed a month ago.
  • emtb319
    emtb319 Posts: 87
    Options
    we would love to have more kids, but we both agreed that i need to drop some weight first...with my first pregnancy i was 220 and had no complications until my 8th month when i developed preeclampsia and had to have my son early...with my second i was 260 and wound up in rehab for almost the entire pregnancy due to sciatic back pain...i'm determined now to get this weight off and maybe in a year or so look at having a few more lil ones
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes I am. It is one of my motivators to stay on track and exercise everyday. I had an ectopic pregnancy in February which caused e to lose the baby and my left tube. I am hoping with losing some weight my body can get back on a normal track with my cycles and hopefully have a healthy pregnancy and baby. If this doesn't work I give up on ttc.

Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is currently losing weight in hopes of becoming pregnant. My biggest reason for having my RNY gastric bypass 8 years ago was the hope of finally becoming a mom when everything else had failed before. I now have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I wish you all the best luck in the world in becoming mommies!