Diary-Tracking nutrients

Options
iannalise
iannalise Posts: 20 Member
Hi fellow MFP'ers,

I'm killing it with the exercise and struggling with the nutrition so, I have decided to log every bite that passes my lips and make my diary open to friends as of Monday. Anyone who,loves giving theirs friends a kick up the proverbial feel free to add me, I'd rather hear it straight.

I was messing around in settings, adding supper to the meals list, work and kids activities have me eating my main meal at different times and I wanted to keep track of this, especially as we are nearing school holidays and I should start eating more regular. I want to see how big an effect it has when we go back.

Anyway, I was choosing my nutrients to track and there are five spaces, I just wondered if 1- can I adjust this to track more? and 2- if not, which five would you say are most important to track?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I go for Fibre and Calcium.

Fibre is useful as it helps you choose 'filling' foods. Calcium is important for womens' health and some studies have shown it aids weight loss.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    protein, fat, carbs, sodium and fiber
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    For me, it changes based on what's going on in my health. For example, I'm tracking sodium and potassium this week because I have been drinking water on overdrive with the heat and not replacing electrolytes.

I would definitely do carbs, fat, and protein. Then maybe something like saturated fat or fiber. Also, keep in mind that some of the macros are more likely to be inaccurate, especially if you eat a lot of packaged foods (for example, my country doesn't include potassium or vitamin C on labels, so I can't entirely gauge those).