Net calories / exercise

Options
I eat a lot but also exercise, and the weight's not been shifting as quickly as it should be. My current target on a weekday is 1400 calories, but I normally end up eating 1900 with exercise-gained calories. I have a cheat day at the weekend, but this never adds more than 1000 calories.

Thinking about not logging exercise for a week and trying to keep around my target (keeping my cheat day of course!). If necessary, amending my allowance to 1500. With 5 workouts a week, that should be a good target. I'll probably be a little less guilty about going over by 50-200 calories on some days if i know I've exercised, but i do find that having 'spare' calories encourages me to use them up.

Does anybody else follow this method? Effective?

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    how are you getting the figure for your exercise? Do you know it's accurate?
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well I know that my pace / level of exertion is accurate. On an average weekday I walk at 4mph for 30 minutes, and cycle on an exercise bike at a moderate level for 45 minutes. MFP calculates this at around 500 calories burned for both.
  • LadyL47
    LadyL47 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I was at a standstill for almost a month and was doing the same thing, but I was eating around 1200 calories. Increase your calories to 1500 and eat what you exercise (or most of it anyway). It worked for me, I've been losing about 2 pounds a week since doing this. I also vary the calories, so one day a week, I eat low (1300-1400) and another day I eat high (2000), never the same two days to keep my body guessing. Good Luck and hang in there.