Weather in Pittsburgh...

Options
mmnichol
mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
what a mess here this a.m. Freezing rain started about 7 am. All roads in pittsburgh are closed down, the new is comparing this to the blizzard of 1993!! Salt trucks can't get out, emergency services can't respond to accidents, what a mess!!

Replies

• Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Yuck! Sounds like a good day for a book and a fire ( after a workout video of course!).
    Stay safe and warm.
    Hugs!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Definitely!!

My son needs to go to work as well, he works at a Hilton a few miles away but the road out front is a sheet of ice and we live on a hillside.
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Yuck! I pray your son made it work safely. Remember, each day brings us closer to spring. Treat yourself to a good book today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I will pray for sunshine! We have in the past had the same type of weather here in Montana! It is treacherous ! Be safe!!
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Beaver County I dont envy you at all! I am sorry for such a crummy day up there. My husband and I relocated to North Carolina with the Marine Corps I miss the beautiful hills and the fall leaves and some of the snow but it is days like today that make me happy to be here and not there! Please be careful if you decide to go out..It is really funny 2 inches of snow down here shuts down the whole town and the roads are flat as pancakes I just laugh!!!