Kara_xxx
Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01l1yxk

Should be interesting to watch.

Replies

• rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    looking forward to this! I don't real agree with supplements, the chemical ones anyway.
  • handle123
    handle123 Posts: 62
    Options
    ive got this on record should be interesting to see if im wasting my money!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Same here

Lot of it is rubbish I reckon. Power Balance Bands case in point
  • jonesey10
    jonesey10 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hmmmm. interesting, I do a lot of cycling and do tend to use the electrolyte based products as I tend to cramp up after a few hours.
    I'll be watching. thanks for the linky.
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    I'll set my Sky+ to record this, looks interesting! Thanks!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting... I do alot of cycling and use all sorts of drinks powders and energy gels so it will be interesting to see what they have to say about them. I've also just started using Maxi Muscle protein powder to supplement some of my protein intake for quicker recovery.

I hope it doesn't clash with the TdF but I can always record it. Thanks for the heads up! :smile:
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ive been wanting to watch this, but i had to reschedule my gym session to today... Maybe i can go early and watch it anyway :)
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    Sounds interesting... I do alot of cycling and use all sorts of drinks powders and energy gels so it will be interesting to see what they have to say about them. I've also just started using Maxi Muscle protein powder to supplement some of my protein intake for quicker recovery.

I hope it doesn't clash with the TdF but I can always record it. Thanks for the heads up! :smile:

Highlights of the TdF are on ITV4 -7-8pm so it won't clash! I love the TdF too!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sky + already set, I am looking forward to seeing this. I dont use any supplements, drinks etc, the only thing I do is drink a glass of milk after a session.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't have a TV (shock! horror!) but will watch it on BBC iPlayer tomorrow night - shohuld be interesting.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I noticed this last night, should be interesting....although it's on at the same time as the GB vs USA basketball match! (and the time I go to the gym) Will probably have to record one, or both!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options

It is the greatest race in the world! :smile:

No matter, I have just discovered how to get around the 'flash player' being disabled on my work PC and I am now watching it live on http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/stages/stage17 :happy:

#allezwiggo
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks for the reminder! Anyone catch that other BBC programme 'The Men Who Made Us Fat', had some interesting points
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yes that was really interesting the whole background on HFCS etc. I had read similar info in Mark Sissons book, but very interesting and educational programme.
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks for the reminder! Anyone catch that other BBC programme 'The Men Who Made Us Fat', had some interesting points

Found this on demand so watching it now.... Will also watch the programme tonight!
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i can't wait to watch this. Mainly to see what rubbish they tell us. I take supplements. My partner takes them too. They DO work!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

It is the greatest race in the world! :smile:

No matter, I have just discovered how to get around the 'flash player' being disabled on my work PC and I am now watching it live on http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/stages/stage17 :happy:

#allezwiggo

Goooooooooooooooo Wiggoooooooooooooooooooooo!

They had the landlord from his local pub (not far from where Iive!) on telly the other night and asked him what he would usually order. Fish apparently; usually salmon or prawns. I'm gonna order those in future... if it's good enough for Mr Wiggins then it's good enough for me!

As for sports products - really interesting to say what the programme says. There was something on Channel 4 a while back where plain old-fashioned milk came out as the best post-workout recovery drink (suppose the rehydration combined with a good punch of protein).
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Bump

Watching now and interested to see what people think
  • Elisabeth2506
    Options
    i can't wait to watch this. Mainly to see what rubbish they tell us. I take supplements. My partner takes them too. They DO work!

I've seen a huge difference since I started taking supplements, and they've just told me they don't work.