Favourite pancake topping

Options
13»

Replies

• taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tend to go overboard w/ pancakes as well so I only eat it once in a while but when I do, its chopped macadamia nuts w/ real maple syrup......YUMMY in my TUMMY!!!
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    To get the juices flowing

pancakes.jpg

Now that was just wrong, Erica lol...I will be making pancakes for dinner tonight, can't get this pic outta my head!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    The very few times I get to have pancakes I like wipped cream and blueberry jam on mine or strawberry jam or fresh berries.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Sauce

1c blueberries in a sauce pan on medium. Add 3 TBS water and cook until berries start to burst, then add 3TBS powdered sugar and a TBS of fresh lime juice. Serving size 1/4 cup the rest will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. It's good on Greek yogurt as well.
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, everything sounds so good! And pancakes aren't that bad for you. Infact, the ones I have are 137cals per serving!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If I'm being good, fresh fruit or preserves and honey. If I'm not, butter and syrup, and likely whipped cream.

My dad likes to put some Greek yogurt and/or fresh fruit in the batter when he makes pancakes, which he usually does every weekend or so. This week we have nectarines, pears, cherries, and blueberries; I'm excited to finally be home for a weekend to see what he concocts. I wish we could use our waffle iron, but it's nonstick and my stepmom believes it gets hot enough for the Teflon to hurt the two African grey parrots we have. (it probably doesn't, but why take the risk? Plus, it'd be much more satisfying to kill those damn things with a hammer than by poisoning them with Teflon aerosols. Uh, if I were to do that, I mean. Right. Yes. Of course. Entirely hypothetical.)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Fresh cherries and fat free cool whip

Cool whip?

YES! Mmmmm it's so good.
    *I don't want to hear about all the chemicals in Cool Whip, my body my choice*

You could always use TruWhip instead...

What is Cool Whip???? Or TruWhip???
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pancakes!? You guys eat pancakes???? WTH? I must not be living right, 'cause I thought pancakes were a calorie bomb just waiting to explode. Low cal pancake recipes please . . . .

Pam's Low Cal ~ Low Fat Oatmeal Pancakes

1 1/4 c flour
    2/3 c oats
    1 1/2 T baking powder
    1 1/2 T sugar
    1/4 t salt
    1/2 t cinnamon
    1 1/3 c low-fat or skim milk
    1 egg, beaten (to make them fat free use egg beaters
    1 t vanilla

No butter or oil required. Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients and add to dry. Stir. Let rest while griddle heats. Spray with cooking spray. Cook by 1/4 c Makes about 12 to 14 pancakes. 82 calories each. Two of these is hearty enough for a nice serving ... with your favorite topping of course.