water

Options
I drink a lot of water throughout the day, but i get tired of the flavorless taste. how can i flavor my water but not buying like propel or any flavored water?

Replies

• mainelymama
    Options
    Lemon or limes

edit to add: mint in ice cubes
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    We bought some Minute maid Lemonade and mixed it in 5% or so with the water, gives it a new taste. I'm going to mess with other juices.

Others will recommend Mio, never tried it though
  • pdanko1972
    pdanko1972 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use lemon or crystal light
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use fresh lemons and squeeze the juice into my water. makes it taste better, I normally cant drink plain water but with lemon I can drink a ton! Very good for you too!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light is great and they come in single serving sizes. But store brands of these are also very good. The ones at Aldi by fit n active are amazing! My kids love the lemonade and the fruit punch especially. I brought the lemonade fit n active to our 4th of July family bbq and it was a hit! Everyone loved it! :drinker:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Mio!!!

It's amazing.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    MIO and Crystal Light. I love MIO because you can make it really flavorful or just put in a little to get a nice taste.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump 4 ltr
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I add essential oils (grapefruit, tangerine, "citrus fresh") that I buy through Young Living.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i dont like water at all but ive started drinking Crystal Clear sparkling lemon water its like lemonade so it makes it more tolerable for me (i used to live off of Diet Coke all my life)
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    doterra also has great essential oils (slim and sassy is awesome!). I also cut all my juice, like 1:4 (juice:h2o). Oddly enough, the water itself makes a difference, too (I hate aquafina bottled water!). I'm lucky that I actually have great tap water and a poland springs water cooler at work.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I keep a jug of ice water in the fridge with either a little sliced cucumber or watermelon in it. Adds just a touch of flavor and very refreshing!
  • jmfraggis
    jmfraggis Posts: 14
    Options
    I tried increasing my intake by using Crystal Light but the amount of aspartame I was consuming was awful...and the headaches were blinding. Between aspartame and hidden sugars I chose to stick with the plain water but really cold or add a lemon.
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    doterra also has great essential oils (slim and sassy is awesome!). I also cut all my juice, like 1:4 (juice:h2o). Oddly enough, the water itself makes a difference, too (I hate aquafina bottled water!). I'm lucky that I actually have great tap water and a poland springs water cooler at work.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the add ins like crystal light or what have you, they are always too sweet or leave a chemically taste or burn in my throat.
    I squeese a little lime in when I am feeling like the need to change it up, I also brew my own ice teas in a variety of flavors and herbal teas work well too, currently my fave is pomegranate green tea.
    I also have a filter on the tap water and a filtered water bottle, which makes plain water taste better.
  • lejlabas
    lejlabas Posts: 12
    Options
    Here's a good recipe: 2lbs water
    1tbs maple syrup
    1 squeezed lemon
    1ts ginger powder

It's good for dieting, its healthy and delicious, I drink it all the time :)
  • ksunshine91
    ksunshine91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid products like Crystal Light... they are full of chemicals. Just because it's low or zero calorie does not mean it is healthy. For some added flavor, put some fruit and water in a pitcher and let the flavor marinate. Experiement to see what you like the best. My favorite: strawberries and kiwi. yum
  • maryfelicianomartin
    Options
    sliced cucumbers! it adds a refreshing taste to the water and it's good for you without sugar.
  • Sunday_Gal
    Options
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

I have tried all of these recipes except for the pineapple mint mixture...so far I really like the blackberry with sage water, the raspberry lime water for this one use 2 cups of raspberries to a whole lime or the lime over powers the flavor, and the citrus water which I used one mandarin orange, one naval orange and one lemon.

Another one that I want to try is cored quartered apples with cinnamon stick
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i keep a large glass pitcher in fridge.... I use fresh fruit (not alot, just enough to give essence of flavor...
    Alternate between pineapples and cherries, and lemons and limes.....

Ice cold.. very refreshing and able to drink much more water that way...