I Need A Healthy Chocolate Cookie Recipe!!!

Options
For tonight!! I am having my best friend Sarah over for dinner and I am cooking her a birthday dinner. I have everything I want to cook figured out, but I need a healthy alternative to ch. chip cookies..that tastes good. preferbley under 90 calories, but I will take anything!!

And brownie recipes too!

so post um up please! :happy:

thanks so much!

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    For tonight!! I am having my best friend Sarah over for dinner and I am cooking her a birthday dinner. I have everything I want to cook figured out, but I need a healthy alternative to ch. chip cookies..that tastes good. preferbley under 90 calories, but I will take anything!!

And brownie recipes too!

so post um up please! :happy:

thanks so much!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on the net. Haven't tried it, but it may fit the bill for ya:

Chocolate Crinkles
    Prep time: 30 minutes, start to finish: 31/4 hours (including chilling time)
    To make ahead: The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two months. Sprinkle with fresh confectioners' sugar after thawing.

2 cups all-purpose flour
    21/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
    1/2 cup unsweetened "natural" cocoa powder
    21/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    31/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
    31/2 tablespoons canola oil
    11/2 cups packed light brown sugar
    1/3 cup light corn syrup
    11/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    4 large egg whites or 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried egg whites reconstituted according to package directions

Sift flour, 11/2 cups confectioners' sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt together into a large bowl.

Combine chocolate and oil in a heavy medium saucepan; warm over very low heat, stirring frequently, until just melted and smooth; be very careful that the chocolate does not scorch. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended. Using a whisk, beat egg whites into the chocolate mixture until no lumps of brown sugar remain. With a wooden spoon, gently stir the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients just until smooth. Cover the dough and refrigerate until firm enough to shape into balls, at least 21/2 hours and up to eight hours.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat several baking sheets with cooking spray.

Put the remaining one cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Dusting your hands with additional confectioners' sugar, roll portions of dough into one-inch balls between your palms. Dredge each ball in confectioners' sugar until heavily coated. Place the balls on baking sheets, about 11/2 inches apart. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until the tops are almost firm when tapped, eight to ten minutes. Cool for two minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

makes about four dozen cookies.

per cookie: 96 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 40 mg sodium.

-- COURTESY EATING WELL
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You could go WAY low calorie with meringue cookies. Again, I haven't tried this particular recipe, but I do love meringues! And you can't go wrong with 15 calorie cookies... :love:

Chocolate Meringues Recipe courtesy Lynn Kearney of Food Network Kitchens

3 egg whites, at room temperature
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    3/4 cup granulated, superfine sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch process cocoa, sifted

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and granulated sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until the egg whites are stiff and shiny and the sugar granules cannot be felt in the whites. Beat in the vanilla, reduce speed to low and add cocoa until combined. With a spatula put the egg white mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 2-inch meringue "kisses" on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of oven for 2 hours. Turn off oven and leave the meringues in it for at least 2 more hours or until meringues are completely dry.

Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
    Calories 15
    Total fat 0g Saturated fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 3mg
    Carbohydrates 3g Protein 0g
    Fiber 0g
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ok so this isnt a brownie recipe but i'm sure it will still taste good
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13105-hg-s-death-by-chocolate-cupcakes

my other suggestion would be to use the search bar to find recipes people have posted.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options