HELP... college!..

Options
HELP! Ok I have finals this week, I'm supposed to graduate this semester, but I'm sooo stressed. I'm afraid I might get a D in one of my classes, its an upper division general education class (called a capstone). I've never gotten a D in my life but this teacher is a jerk and its really hard, history of religion is the class. I go to a california state school, does anyone know if I can graduate with a D in an upper division class?! Thanks you guys! Sorry I know this is way off topic.

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Hey girl, I took a capstone last year so I feel your pain. Talk to your advisor and go meet with your teacher. See if there is anything additional you can do, I know its the end of the semester, but maybe you can write a quick paper or something to pull your grade up. If nothing else its worth a shot.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't have a counselor, I'm a transfer so I'm not even getting my degree from this school, but I did email my teachers, thanks, I'm freaking out! lol

• dachinababe
    Options
    oh dear. I completely understand the panic. its that time of the semester. the best way to go about doing this in my opinion is to talk to your teacher and see if there is anything you can do to bring up that grade. Hope everything works out smoothly and congrats on the last semester :D
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Alicia-

I have no idea about the answer to your question, but just wanted to offer my support! Hang in there, do good, and you'll be fine. I hope everything works out for you! :flowerforyou:

Kelynn
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey.. I know exactly how you feel! I was worried I would make a D in one of my classes too. (My finals were over the 4th.) I had it calculated up and I HAD to make better than an 80 on my final just to make a C. I was so stressed and my teacher was a you-know-what. But, I studdied, (just the week leading up to the test:indifferent: ) and did my best. I ended up making a C! I had a 71 in the class.. lol. Out of 3 years of college I've only made 1 D, pre-calc... I'm terrible at that. And a C in another class.. the rest have been A's and B's. So believe me, I know it's frusterating to think you might make a D. But just hang in there and try the best you can, that's all you can do. Everything will be ok! :flowerforyou: I
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I think it all depends on the school and the degree. For instance, at my school as long as it's just a general ed class then D is passing. But in the core classes you have to have a C, and in the nursing program you have to have a C+. Even though you don't have a counselor that was assigned to you personally, as a student you still have access to them, so I would call one of them and talk to them about your options. Good luck! And congrats on your last semester!!!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...I'm a second year in a three year program, I think I might be passing by the skin of my teeth on a course :embarassed: I don't think she'll let me do a bonus assignment to pull it up... She's the kind to say "Uhhhh NO!! You didn't show up to classes." I had to skip a bunch of classes the last couple of weeks...sooo sick :sick:

Hang in there!!!:flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys... I did go to class always but I don't think that he cares, I just figured it out and I basically have to get a hundred percent on the final plus extra credit to get a C... OMG... but its a take home essay so I'm going to be "that student" and sit in his office until he says ok its good enough to pass ... Its not one of my major classes so thats good but it is upper division PLUS I have to transfer it and I don't think you can transfer Ds right?