hungrier?

Options
I'm about 5 pounds away from my goal weight (yay!) but I seem to be getting hungrier throughout the day. A few months ago, I used to actually go under the 1200 cals a day (i know bad bad bad) because i just wouldnt be that hungry, but now it seems that my body wants more food that Im nearing my goal. lol Does this make sense? Anyone else going through this? Thanks guys!

Replies

• candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It makes perfect sense. For two reasons: First it could all be mental, second it could be your body fighting to stay at your "happy weight". I've heard if you reach your goal and stay there for 6 months you can reset your body to being happy at your new weight. Hang in there.
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    this is exactly my problem. i too usually went under 1200 and now that i have about 5 or so to lose ive been so hungry all day. i feel like im snacking all the time and i still dont even reach 1200 calories most of the time..
  • Allan485
    Allan485 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate, Kaileyxoxo. I'm at my goal weight now after 3 months of 1900 calories per day. I was not having hunger issues until this last week. I can't seem to get full. However, I am noticing that I have reverted back to some of my old favorite foods from 25 pounds ago and I see old cravings return as a result. Days that I trip up and eat 400-500 calories over is weh I feel hungriest. Our bodies have good memories and respond to the typpes of food we put in it. In your case, your body is probably trying to tel you that 1200 calires per day is suimply not enough to sustain even your normal daily activities.