Need Advice. HELP!!

Options
HELP!! . My goal is getting closer and closer and i'm getting hungrier and hungrier. Even though i'm continuing to eat healthy foods, my stomach seems to no longer stay satisfied. So I have a little extra snack here and there. But it adds up and I keep going way over my calories!! Also, in fear that I was getting sick this week, i've been babying my body and not getting as much exercise. I feel like I want to give up and take a break from this for a while..

How can I get myself back in check? I will be the happiest person in the world if I could just get myself to that goal.

Replies

• abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    You so close you can do it! Try to look at eating healthier as a lifestyle change, then you wont feel like you need a break from it.

As far as getting hungrier, listen to your body and see if its real hunger or something else. Try drinking more water each day, and adding veggies with lots of water content (like celery) so you can eat MORE of it for less calories.

Also if you do feel like your getting sick....take it easyyy for a day or 2. Easy exercise if you can manage it like a walk or something, but let your body heal.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I BELIVE IN YOU!
  • jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I struggled with this constantly. If I figure my BMR nutritional needs and back off by 500 calories per day I barely lose any weight each month! So I have to eat 1000 calories less per day. Well I do lose weight..but I'm constantly starving!!!

The thing that worked for me was walking at a brisk pace. I do 4 - 15 minute miles a day. That allows me to eat add back 620 calories into my eating. So while I get the weight loss effect of 1000 calories less per day than my BMR needs...I only have to eat 380 less calories.

If you change your mindset to the fact that you can eat as much of anything as you want...as long as you do something to burn off the excess calories; you'll find your obsession with food will subside. Trust me...Ice Cream doesn't taste as good if you know you're going to have to walk it off!!! But, if you walk some extra so that you can eat some Ice Cream...dang it's delicious!!!

Jim