Calorie Intake...

Options
Hi I'm wondering about calories. I know I don't eat many calories in a day, probably somewhere between 500-800 a day.... Myfitnesspal tells me i should increase to 1200 since i may be going into starvation mode. Thing is, I'm just not THAT hungry. If I eat too much I feel bloated and sick. So i eat light things but I always eat 3 meals a day and normally take a womens OneADay supplement. I think if i increased my food that high i will just gain the 5 pounds that i have lost since begining exercise. What do you think?

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go to the Forums and read the newbie threads. Click on General Weight Loss, then click "Links you want to read again and again." It will clear some things up for you....
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    bring it up to 1200 or you will stop losing. Make your food diary public and I can give you some simple tips on how to bring those up. Also, since you eat small meals, try to eat 5 to 6 small meals instead of 3.
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    Ok I made it public
  • jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LOL...1200 calories a day? I'm 6' 270 pounds...If I ate 1200 calories a day I'd starve to death!!! Consider yourself lucky...and keep up the good work!!! Don't under eat...but make sure you've calculated your BMR correctly....

Jim
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    How about getting some nutrients and calories from juices ?

Instead of drinking a diet pop at lunch, you could have a fruit or veggie juice.

You can also hadd berries to your morning cereals.

Small frequent snacks might work better for you than big meals 3 times a day.

You should try to eat at least 5 portions of fruits and vegetables a day . Seems like your didn't have ANY today... Carefull girl !
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    geicko took the words right out of my mouth! You NEED fruits and vegetables. Add berries to your cereal, have a mid morning snack, maybe half a banana and a tbs of peanut butter or a serving of yogurt. Between lunch and dinner have carrots and celery with ranch or another veggie dip. An egg with your french toast would have been good too. You aren't eating many calories, but you aren't eating healthy either (assuming today is representative of your normal meals). Good luck!
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    Thanks i ate an apple to get some fruit(:
    Can you guys help me plan out healthier meals for the week?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    There is a free site www.fitclick.com

You can put in your info and it will generate a meal plan for you. I used to use it to get a picture of what I should be eating because I find I have the same problem. I still used MFP to log my stuff and for the discussion boards. But the meal suggestions are good and its free. It gives you a menu plan for everyday and even a workout plan if you want. You can choose from low-carb, low-fat, or a balanced plan. Its worth checking out.