Binge Eating Disorder (BED) ?

Options
Does anyone else suffer from this disorder? I've always been very overweight, and I've always known I had a problem that went deeper than just eating too much, but it wasn't until I read "Food: the good girl's drug" that I knew what it was. I'm using MFP as a way to try to beat this.

If anyone else suffers with this, do you have any tips on how you overcome it?

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am definitely a binge eater. I guess I am overcoming it with self control. I am also reading a book, I think called "life is hard, food is easy" or something along those lines. I slip up sometimes, but the next day I work it off at the gym. It's hard, but I think practicing self control is key.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    they have a binge eating disorder support group. I binge when I am eating emotionally. you are welcome to add me. love your ticker . its cool
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    yes i have suffered in the past and still struggle some days when I am feeling down, but being on MFP has really really helped me as it makes you more aware of what why and when you are eating certain foods, feel free to add me more than happy to support you :smile:
  • ChaCha9904
    ChaCha9904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group?
  • erinn_leigh
    Options
    they have a binge eating disorder support group. I binge when I am eating emotionally. you are welcome to add me. love your ticker . its cool

Thanks! I really do love running, I always have even tho I've always been really overweight. I've tried several times to get back into it since I stopped back in 2000. I'm on the Couch-to-5k, week 6 day 3.

I have no problem with the exercise half of weight loss and getting fit, but I literally eat back everything I burn plus WAY more with the bingeing. I'll do good all day, and then at night when my husband is in the shower I'll go on a kitchen rampage...it's really tough.
  • kat2266
    kat2266 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still active in here?
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I want to know that r
    kat2266 wrote: »
    Is anyone still active in here?

I want to know that too!

I binge a lot and could really use support!!!