Zombies, Run! (phone running app)

Options
Sorry if this has been posted about before, only just discovered this awesome app :)

Anyone else use it? I love it, granted im a nerd and love Zombie movies but its really making me work harder on my runs.

When i got back today it took me ages for my HR to recover to normal and I had to take a cold shower to get my body temp down :)
Id let the zombies catch up to me twice yesterday and had to drop stuff to distract them so wasnt gonna let it happen today and really went for it when they were closing in... It essentially adds intervals to your runs but with a story that keeps things interesting... my imagination runs wild, i run in quite a secluded wooded/lakes area and anyone I see is a zombie to me :)

..id recommend it to any runners that want a fun way to add some variety to their runs... and any zombie fans that want to take up running ..i use it on iphone but i think you can get it for Android and Windows phone as well :)

Replies

• freeone17
    freeone17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of that til now, but it sounds like something I'd probably enjoy. I'll check it out...
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Its great fun :)

Not sure about the other versions but on the iphone at least you can have it play a playlist in between the story segments and if you pick the right songs it works brilliantly.

Bit cheesy, but mine starts with Zombie Nation by Kernkraft.. sets the scene nicely :)
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    haha sounds cool
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    Im gonna try this out!
  • Marks281172
    Options
    Better add.. its not free im afraid (wasnt for iphone at least) , in fact its quite expensive for an app in the UK at £5.49, but if i finally run a sub 25 minute 5k thanks to my fear of the walking dead.. then its worth it :)
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    theres one on android with 4 star rating and another for £5.45 with 4 and half stars
  • Marks281172
    Options
    its the one with the exact title 'Zombies, run!' and sadly thats probably the expensive one.. still, about the same price as a McDonalds Extra value meal so in that respect its not bad :)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    In for zombies. I'll check this out, thanks for posting it.
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love this app. Been using it since March, almost finished with the entire season 1 story line (23 missions in all).

Not only does it work as motivation to get out more, you can having send your run data to their web site so you can see all your runs. It can show you your time, avg speed, map (with a graph showing your pace at all points of your run), and recently added calories burned calculations.

Definitely worth the money and they have send there is more content coming. Some at no additional cost and some as paid add-ons.