Perfectly Filling

Options
haeffel2
haeffel2 Posts: 34
So lately I have had short lunch breaks and I've been dying at work before my afternoon snack so I started experimenting with lunch. The other day, I mixed flavored non-fat chobani greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of grape nuts and 1 tbsp of chia seeds and that's a 400cal lunch with mad protein, good fiber, and omega-3s and i have been perfectly full and satisfied (not bloated and not hungry until I get off work 5 hours later). I HIGHLY recommend this lunch (it doesn't seen like a lot, but it fills me up so perfectly!)

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!! I'd give it a try! :)
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy! I love chobani greek yogurt =() I will def have to try that one. Thanks for the tip !
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    sounds good! I left my lunch at home by accident, I may just try this today!
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also like Grape Nuts w/ applesauce and cinnamon.
  • haeffel2
    Options
    I also like Grape Nuts w/ applesauce and cinnamon.

That sounds awesome!
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    So lately I have had short lunch breaks and I've been dying at work before my afternoon snack so I started experimenting with lunch. The other day, I mixed flavored non-fat chobani greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of grape nuts and 1 tbsp of chia seeds and that's a 400cal lunch with mad protein, good fiber, and omega-3s and i have been perfectly full and satisfied (not bloated and not hungry until I get off work 5 hours later). I HIGHLY recommend this lunch (it doesn't seen like a lot, but it fills me up so perfectly!)
    I have no idea what all those ingredients are, but one thing I know for sure, I didn't see bacon mentioned once...
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Protein + fiber is a guaranteed way to be full and stay full for a long time. Your lunch sounds delicious!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never seen any of these ingredients before! Are they available in normal superstores or just health-food type shops? Sounds niiiice though!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what all those ingredients are, but one thing I know for sure, I didn't see bacon mentioned once...
    Yeah... I didn't either :) But the OP's lunch idea does sound very good... even though bacon = awesome :)
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I put chia seeds in everything :) Sounds like a great lunch!
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Again, something I never heard of. From a chia pet?? or where do you find or even hear of this stuff?? Not really trying to be smart a$$ed, trying to learn...
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sounds quite delicious! I need to try new options and eat more calories. My usual food consumption pretty much sucks. I like the things I eat, but I need to step it up.
  • haeffel2
    Options
    Again, something I never heard of. From a chia pet?? or where do you find or even hear of this stuff?? Not really trying to be smart a$$ed, trying to learn...

haha add bacon on the side- I'm all for that:]
    but chia seeds are a natural seed (obviously) that have ridiculous amounts of protein and fiber and the daily recommended amount is only 1tbsp so its not like you have to eat a whole bag to get their true value. But I had to search a lot for these (regular grocery stores don't sell them) but specialty food stoes like World Market, Fresh Market, and Naturally Yours do! They're kinda pricey? Like $9 for a bag that has about 28tbsp but I'm already finding it worth it!
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds REALLY good! Thanks for the suggestions!