HELP me pick my lunch!!!!

Options
Hi All! I'm meeting some girlfriends for lunch, and there is a set menu. I guess this is a 'cheat' meal for me because I've been on the paleo diet. I'm tempted to cancel to avoid a huge meal, but I do want to see my friends...... anyway here is the menu, what would you have???

Starter:
Soup of the day made with fresh ingredients
or
Salad of mixed spring greens with a raspberry vinaigrette
(vegetarian)
or
Beef Carpaccio
Charred rare beef with olive oil, capers and Asiago cheese

Main:
Penne with Digby Sea Scallops, Prosciutto, Portobello Mushroom, Leeks & Spinach in Vodka Parmesan Rose
or
Vegetarian Pasta
Penne with Roma tomatoes, Spinach, Mixed Sweet peppers & Spanish onion in an herbed tomato pesto sauce
or
Risotto
Arborio Rice with Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast, Acorean Choriço, Roasted Red Peppers, Shallot & Spinach in a Tomato Pesto Broth
or
Grilled Filet of Atlantic Salmon
with a Thai Chili, Passion Fruit, Ginger, Shallot and Kaffir Lime Buckwheat Honey Glaze, served with Herbed Parmesan Roasted Potatoes & Market Salad
or
Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast
with an Orange, Honey and Dijon Glaze, served with Herbed Parmesan Roasted Potatoes & Market Salad
or
Grilled Marinated Boneless Breast of Chicken Sandwich
served Open Faced with Purple Onion, Roasted Red Peppers with Market Salad

Dessert:
Gateau Creole
Bittersweet Belgian Chocolate Cake Baked with Dark rum, Banana, served with crème Anglais
or
Crème Brulee
An old recipe from the cooking journals of Claude Monet
or
Cheese Cake
Lemon cheese cake with a raspberry Coulis

Replies

• kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    OMG, where can I meet you guys for lunch?!? :-)

If it was me (not paleo), I would def. go with beef carpaccio, either penne with scallops or thai chili salmon, and probably cheesecake, but I really don't like desserts, so I can't help you there.

Enjoy your fabulous lunch!
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yummm, love carpaccio. I'd go for that, the scallop penne and creme brulee. Who can resist a creme brulee? When they're done well they're an absolute delight.

Wait, just saw, charred? Since when is carpaccio cooked at all? Dodgy. Still, could be interesting.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    well Id make this a cheat day, have the soup, salmon, and lemon cheesecake.

If you wanted to be good, Id get a salad to start, the vegetarian pasta, and no desert.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks! If was trying to stay paleo, I guess I would go with salad / salmon/ skip dessert. But i'm throwing the book out the window today :)

Oh and this menu is only $15 + tax and tip :) It's an event here in Toronto called Summerlicious :)
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What a great menu.
    I would go with the beef appetizer, skip the cheese. Grilled Filet of Atlantic Salmon
    with a Thai Chili, Passion Fruit, Ginger, Shallot and Kaffir Lime Buckwheat Honey Glaze, served with Herbed Parmesan Roasted Potatoes & Market Salad -skip the potatoes and watch the dressing on the salad or ask for it dry with a side of lemon.
    I would def go for the chocolate dessert. Take a couple small bites, enjoy the taste, then move it away.
    Drink lots of water.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Salad, salmon, cheeeeeesecaaaaaake
    Enjoy it girl! Those times are special. :)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    I'm thinking carpaccio/ scallop penne/ cheesecake

I honestly can't remember the last time I had pasta......
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Mmm, sounds delicious!

I'd have the beef carpaccio (I'd have a little of the cheese, depending on how much of it there was), followed by the salmon, no potatoes. I'd probabaly skip dessert, or else make sure I only took a few bites of whichever one I fancied.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow, can I meet you guys for lunch?

I would go with soup (depending on what it is) or salad then the salmon and cheesecake. I just ate lunch and I think I'm hungry again now.

I love special fixed price menus, my city is doing it all week next week. They have 40-50 restaurants that participate in "Restaurant Week" including high end places. Money goes to charity and I get to eat amazing food.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Wow, can I meet you guys for lunch?

I would go with soup (depending on what it is) or salad then the salmon and cheesecake. I just ate lunch and I think I'm hungry again now.

I love special fixed price menus, my city is doing it all week next week. They have 40-50 restaurants that participate in "Restaurant Week" including high end places. Money goes to charity and I get to eat amazing food.

Yep, that sounds like summerlicious here. It's mainly high end restaurants that participate.
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd start with the salad and have the marinated grilled chicken sandwich without the bread If it was a cheat day for me I'd do the soup, salad & pasta and maybe the chocolate cake
  • chojolitos
    chojolitos Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi All! I'm meeting some girlfriends for lunch, and there is a set menu. I guess this is a 'cheat' meal for me because I've been on the paleo diet. I'm tempted to cancel to avoid a huge meal, but I do want to see my friends...... anyway here is the menu, what would you have???

Starter:
    Soup of the day made with fresh ingredients
    or
    Salad of mixed spring greens with a raspberry vinaigrette
    (vegetarian)
    or
    Beef Carpaccio
    Charred rare beef with olive oil, capers and Asiago cheese

Main:
    Penne with Digby Sea Scallops, Prosciutto, Portobello Mushroom, Leeks & Spinach in Vodka Parmesan Rose
    or
    Vegetarian Pasta
    Penne with Roma tomatoes, Spinach, Mixed Sweet peppers & Spanish onion in an herbed tomato pesto sauce
    or
    Risotto
    Arborio Rice with Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast, Acorean Choriço, Roasted Red Peppers, Shallot & Spinach in a Tomato Pesto Broth
    or
    with a Thai Chili, Passion Fruit, Ginger, Shallot and Kaffir Lime Buckwheat Honey Glaze, served with Herbed Parmesan Roasted Potatoes & Market Salad
    or
    Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast
    with an Orange, Honey and Dijon Glaze, served with Herbed Parmesan Roasted Potatoes & Market Salad
    or
    Grilled Marinated Boneless Breast of Chicken Sandwich
    served Open Faced with Purple Onion, Roasted Red Peppers with Market Salad

Dessert:
    Gateau Creole
    Bittersweet Belgian Chocolate Cake Baked with Dark rum, Banana, served with crème Anglais
    or
    Crème Brulee
    An old recipe from the cooking journals of Claude Monet
    or
    Cheese Cake
    Lemon cheese cake with a raspberry ( menu)

Salad of mixed spring greens with a raspberry vinaigrette,
    No Dessert:sad:
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So jealous of your menu! Yum yum yum!

Beef Carpaccio/Salmon/Cheesecake ... I'm paleo, but I'm pro dairy, so those would keep you closer ... well not the cheesecake, obviously, but YOLO!