In need of new motivators

Options
Hello, I've been a member for a few months now, and absolutely love this site.... but... Im in need of motivators! I have a couple people on my friends list that support me. Im on a few times every day to check in. Im going to clean my closet out (friends list) So If you can give lots of support, excited about MFP and I prefere open diaries I'd love you as my part of my support team!! Good luck in your journey.

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pleeeeease......Im I asking for to much?
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Lastly, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • ShaunaD81
    ShaunaD81 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've added you too. Here to support and for support :)
  • Andy_Anne
    Andy_Anne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - been looking for some added support myself. Add me if you'd like and we can motiviate each other! :)
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    I went through my list and cleaned out too...BUT I'm always available to provide support and motivation! Feel free to add me =)
  • kimmacias
    kimmacias Posts: 15
    Options
    I need you too!:happy:
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,I'm on MFP everyday multiple times a day logging and just checking in with friends,my diary is open altho not always perfect lol,I just cleaned my unsupportive friends out so always looking for new ones.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    You can add me! :flowerforyou:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    If you're willing to give support...I'm willing to give as well
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I love to motivate and be motivated! Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • illbetravelin
    illbetravelin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i will help !! we are all in this together!
  • Bravyn
    Bravyn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I love to give and receive support. :D
  • racotten
    racotten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I and the wife have been at this for a little over year and a half. We've learned a new and better way of living from MFP. I be more than happy to offer what help and support I can.

Rick Cotten
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • barbsulli0106
    Options
    Me too! I'm adding you!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I guess it's cleaning day lol, I just cleaned out my list of friends also. I'm 49, married with 5 grown children, and have been working at this for 4 months now. I've yoyo'd back and forth but have finally settled into a routine. The support on MFP is amazing and I could not have made it as far as I have without the good friends I've found here. I sent you a friend request, anyone here is welcome to friend me. Motivation is what keeps me moving, so I offer it in abundance and accept it as well, I'm on here off and on all day. I prefer MFP to Facebook any day!! I have an open diary and welcome critique. I'm far from perfect, but I get up and try every single day :D