Getting Fit for Disney (and Life of course!)

Options

Replies

• fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    6 weeks from today I will be at the Magic Kingdom!!!! OMG!!! :)
    Thank you for the tip on the iPhone app! I'm going to check it out when I get home. :)
    <
    Obviously I am a huge Disney fan! Good luck on losing the weight everyone! Make sure you get a ton walking in before you go so that you are ready to hike around the parks. I found the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World to be THE best book in planning out our last trip. We followed their itinerary and never had to wait more than 20 minutes in any of the lines. Just pick up the book from the library before you go. http://touringplans.com/unofficial-guide

We also downloaded an app for our smartphones (a droid but I'm sure the iPhone has an app as well) which allowed us to know the wait times for all the rides in the different WDW parks. The app was called Disney World Wait Times Lite and is free.
  • Tenajberry
    Tenajberry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm going to be visiting Disney World in December with my children and husband. I am going to start walking (quick walking in anticipation of the rush for the the rides) in the wee morning hours!

What other types of activities are you going use to get ready for your upcoming trip?

-Janet
  • MurphysLaw73
    MurphysLaw73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going in Oct. This will be my 1st trip. I hope to lose at another 10-20 pounds before we go. I can't wait either. I have a countdown and have to look at it several times a day :) Good Luck and have a great time
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going in Oct. This will be my 1st trip. I hope to lose at another 10-20 pounds before we go. I can't wait either. I have a countdown and have to look at it several times a day :) Good Luck and have a great time

October is one of the best times to go! The Food and Wine Festival is amazing. If you are taking kids you may want to spring for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. If you don't have kids, you may still want to pay for it as the lines are short for rides and the parade is excellent.

Right now I am looking for a part time job with the money I earn to go straight into an account just for an awesome disney vacation. We want to take 2 weeks and stay at the Animal Kingdom property.
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My family and I are going to be there in 10 weeks! We are staying at Art of Animation! I am so excited!! I would love to lose 15 lbs by then. I would then be at my goal weight. 1.5 per week. Can I do it?

We have been every year since I was 10 (1999). I truly believe it is the most magical place on Earth. No where makes me happier and I call it home. I lived there for 6 months when I was a cast member. If you or anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

*o*
  • Tenajberry
    Options
    Working as a cast member must have been pretty cool! I have friends who used to work there, but they worked in the hotels. One worked as a line cook at The Contemporary and the other worked as a baker in the Grand Floridian.

I usually go at least once a year now that I have children. I used to go far more frequently, but kids deplete the budget over time. :o)

Are you just doing walking or other activities to get ready for the upcoming trip?
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I just went to Disney last week and had a goal before my trip, too! Good luck and have fun! :)
  • Tenajberry
    Options
    You must have had a BLAST! How long did you go for?
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE Disney fan, I have only been to DW once. It was for my college graduation present (my mom said I could go anywhere and she would pay :bigsmile: ) Anywho, once I have lost all of my weight, 54 pounds to go!, I am treating myself to a trip back. I'm hoping to be there September 2013 :smile:
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love Disney World and am doing the C25K (wk 1). My brother and I are going to do the Yeti 5k run. Then I want to do the Princess Dash, then the Epcot Wine and Dine run; well you get the point. I love the parks and I want to earn all the medal's they give. I may, gulp, aspire to do the Goofy Marathon. But that will be a few years off. I still have to get to 5k status and finish losing these 76 pounds. I can do this!!
  • lexismom1003
    lexismom1003 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! We leave in 107 days for our Happy Place!! I am looking to lose another 15 pounds before we leave. My ultimate dream is to run the Princess Half in 2014.

We, too, are staying at POR. This will be our 3rd time to stay there and we love it!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    HUGE fan here tooo!! We love WDW =) Hoping to make a trip spring 2013 (Not sure yet, with all the expansions it may be too crowded!!)
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options

My family and I are going in October, too! This will be our first trip as a family, since we wanted to wait until the kids were a little older (they are 11, 9, and 5 now). We are so excited! Where did you get the countdown!
    I've been on MFP for over a year, but I had stopped using it until we paid for our trip....then I realized I had better get moving and lose some weight before we go! I would also like to lose about 10-20 pounds, but since we leave 2 months from today, I would be happy losing 10. Good luck to you on your weight loss, and have a fantastic time!
  • tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We're going at the end of August. It was my reward if I lost 100 lbs. Well I did it and I can't wait!!!
  • donettetaggart
    donettetaggart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We are taking our kids to Disneyland for the first time at the end of October. I would love to loose 20 pounds by then. Even though that is far from my ultimate goal it is still enough that I can be a little more comfortable in my own skin.
  • donettetaggart
    donettetaggart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay! you have hit your goal!...You must be sooo proud of yourself, good job!
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We are going at the end of the year and I'd like to loose 20lbs or more if I can! I have a bad ankle and I think having less weight on my body might help it last a little longer during the days with all the walking around!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Big Disney fan as well. Was just at WDW in Dec and stayed at Port Orleans. Really nice. Also first time seeing it decorated for the holidays. Beautiful!

Actually planning a long weekend trip to Disneyland in a few weeks. Will be my first time visiting Mickey's house on the west coast and I can not wait!

For any of the Disney fans out there, feel free to add me as a friend. Love talking all things Disney!
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    17 more days until my Disney vacation! :) We're staying at Port Orleans Alligator Bayou. I can't wait! Hubby and I spent the weekend watching videos on YouTube. I think we're more excited than the kids lol.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    Family of Disney Nuts here too! :) We leave in...oh....52 days! We are bringing my mom on this trip because she needs a vacation badly and we cannot wait to show her everything (it's been years since she's visited WDW and even then, only went to the MK and Epcot). My kids are thrilled that Grandma is going..and I know she can keep up with us. I always have a goal every year, and it never happens, but this year, I've at least gotten a good start on my journey and I still have some time left.

Love Port Orleans Riverside...we've stayed there a few times. This time, back at POP Century...one of these years we will have to try Art of Animation. There is a plan in the works for one of my best friend's 40th birthdays, so we are supposed to head back in April of next year for an adult's only trip. :)