WAA WHAT TO MAKE THE FAMILY FOR DINNER

Options
help! It's my turn to cook the dinner tonight and I'm off to the shops now with no idea what to make!
We tend to have a salad with all our meals rather than rice/pasta, so something that goes with salad ideally!
any ideas? Want to keep it quite low carbs too as it's my 21st birthday next week and I know the diet will go out the window then,so cramming in a good week beforehand!! :)
thanks! :)
xx

Replies

• mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Make a quick "Greek" salad and pair it with any lean meat of choice. Cucumbers, fresh basil, tomatoes ( I use cherry tomatoes). Mix a bit of olive oil, salt, apple cider vinegar to taste, then mix with the rest. Top with a bit of feta cheese- yum.

I have also cooked a bit of asparagus, red peppers, ginger and garlic. Sauté with a bit of olive or coconut oil with frozen shrimp until it is still crunchy, then add some fresh spinach and cook while stirring for 30 seconds or so. I don't like my spinach all gross green and wilted. Enjoy dinner!
  • EllysJellys
    EllysJellys Posts: 111
    Options
    Look on http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/ it's such a good website - i get a lot of recipes from there! x
  • daisyyyy123
    Options
    thanks guys! all sounds yummy
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We have a HUGE family dinner every sunday and my boyfriend came up with the BEST meal for my birthday a few weeks ago. It was just a big salad bar!

lettuce in a big bowl,
    sliced grilled: steak, chicken, and shrimp,
    raw sliced: peppers, strawberries, green beans, cucumbers (pick a few toppings that are out of the ordinary)
    steamed then chilled and sliced: asparagus
    crumbled goat cheese
    a few salad dressings

pita and italian bread on the side if you choose
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    -Meatloaf (mine has sauteed onions and carrots in it)
    -Chicken Pot Pie (not low carb though)
    -BBQ Baked Potatoes
    -Chicken and Rice (many variations)
    -Taco Salad (beef, ranch style beans, lettuce, spinach, fritos, cheese and catalina dressing)
    -Chicken Stir Fry
    -Fettucine Alfredo (only 5 ingredients but not low carb although can be made "light")