Do any scales show the same weight?

Options
Every time I use a different scale they show a different weight and sometimes they show a big difference, are 2 scales ever the same and should I stick to using one scale

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can use the same scale and get up to a five pound swing depending on how i am standing or where it is on the floor. Best rule of thumb, use the same scale in the same place and always try to stand exactly the same. I have a three times rule, If i get the same number three times then i will log it. Hope that helps a little
  • anticheer101
    Options
    Try having uneven floors in your house... My scale will read at least 3 different weights depending on where I place it or how I have my feet on it. Its a digital and I'm going to be considering buying a new one soon.

Why I try to use most are the ones that are at the gym or doctors office. The large ones where you have to balance the knobs. I would say they are the most accurate.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    What Tony said.........
    I use the same scales, in the same place and I try to weigh at the same time of day.
    Your morning weight will be different than your afternoon/evening weight.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    No, all scales doesn´t show the same weight. For instance, mine shows 2.5 kg (about 5 pound) wrong period! I just add it when I weigh myself. Use the same scale, that will show you the most accurate loss. And yes, it changes depending on what time of day- sometimes from day to day- you weigh yourself.
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    Get a hand weight... 5lbs... weigh it .... calibrate your scale... then get on and weigh yourself.....
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    that's "why" the scales we use to track weight are marked somewhere not legal for trade, because of the variations that are possible.
    You'd need to pay big bucks to get a trade-certified scale if you want to be reasonably confident between different scales that if nothing but the scale were changed your weight would report the same.