what do you do when the scale hasn't budged?

Hi MFP community....I'm having one of those "down in the dumps" kind of days. I started this process all full of hope and promise, but the scale hasn't budged one bit. I stick to my daily MFP calorie goal, and I get there by eating clean foods and drinking only water (save for my morning coffee). I exercise. I've been good! I would just like to see ONE MEASLY POUND difference on the scale to let me know I'm doing the right thing. What do you do in situations like this? I was thinking about adjusting my weekly weight loss goal from 1lb to 2lb, but that puts my daily calorie intake at 1200, which I don't think I can sustain long term. Currently I eat around 1500/day (and I'm 189lbs, 5'8").

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 342 Member
    You didn't say how long you've been at this. Could you give us a few more details, and maybe explain your exercise regimen?
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    You didn't say how long you've been at this. Could you give us a few more details, and maybe explain your exercise regimen?

I haven't been at it very long, but enough that I should see a difference (2 weeks). I am active every day. I walk to work (1 mile), and I'm a pro belly dancer, so I rehearse daily for at least an hour. On top of that, I take pilates and ballet 2/week.
  • Patg2728
    Patg2728 Posts: 9 Member
    took me a month to see it start to burn off stay on it . new life not a dite
  • Long_and_Lean
    took me a month to see it start to burn off stay on it . new life not a dite

yes, new life. This is why I don't want to go down to 1200 calories, I can't sustain that lifelong.
  • Try changing up your form of exercise. If you are doing the same thing each week (walking to work, pilates, etc.) your body is used to that. You need a change to rev up your metabolism. Also, I found that when I started monitoring my sodium intake and got it below 1500 mg per day that the scale really started moving down.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Try changing up your form of exercise. If you are doing the same thing each week (walking to work, pilates, etc.) your body is used to that. You need a change to rev up your metabolism. Also, I found that when I started monitoring my sodium intake and got it below 1500 mg per day that the scale really started moving down.

The pilates and ballet are new for me. I already do so much cardio, I figured I need something that builds strength. As a dancer, pilates is just the ticket. But I get what you're saying.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    I cuss it out and throw it across the room...j/k :)

It takes time to see results, two weeks is actually not uncommon not to see any result yet. Give it a little more time and keep what you are doing. It will happen!