Looking for a good low-cal drink at happy hour

Options
I have a networking event tonight with my colleagues and it's at a bar which is normailly no problem for me :-)

I am not concerned with resisting the free appetizers especially if I have something healthy to eat before I go, but I'm looking for some suggestions on low calorie - but still strong - drinks at the bar. I used to drink Rum & Diet Coke when I did lo-carb which was fine, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. And I know I could drink water, but I do like a good drink!

Replies

• Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda with lime. :-)
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mix vodka with fresh fruit juices :) they are great and look amazing!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Vodka, slimline tonic and a slice of lime
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Vodka, diet 7-up and lemon or lime!
  • tristanathan
    Options
    I usually just get a glass of wine and sip it. Generally between 100-150 calories depending on the pour.
  • lgodman
    lgodman Posts: 1
    Options
    Skinny girl cocktails are the best. But may not be very strong.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke is also ok.
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Citrus Vodka with water and real lime...yummy!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Ice water.
  • BetsyG130
    BetsyG130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Stoli, "Cake", or "Whipped" flavored vodka with soda water, extra limes. Tastes like a key lime pie!
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. This is making me want some tequila and cranberry juice. Good stuff.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    Crystal Lite makes some drink mixes now...I bought a margarita one that is really good. Just be sure to get good tequila to mix with it! None of that cheap crap!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Usually the calories come from the mixers, like tonic water, coke, oj, etc. My drink of choice is Bombay Sapphire gin + tonic w/lime. Yum!

However, to answer your question, anything that's *just* the alcohol will be low cal but very strong, so go slow! For example, grey goose or tequila on the rocks with lime.

Taste-wise, it's not worth it for me so I just make room for it in my diary by skipping a snack or sugary drink that day.
  • LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just find it really funny that when I first read this topic title, I thought you meant a happy hour drink at Sonic! ;-)
  • chachan
    chachan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've started getting dirty olive martinis...the cranberry juice and vodka seems to have too much sugar and the saltiness of the martini (although I guess it's high in sodium) helps me sip it slow!
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just find it really funny that when I first read this topic title, I thought you meant a happy hour drink at Sonic! ;-)

Love cherry limeades. Sooo good
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My bartender friend turned me on to Crystal lite and vodka. Yum. I've tried the Mojito and the Appletini ones. You could order vodka and water and then stir in a crystal lite packet when no ones looking :) My friend now keeps Crystal lite stocked at her bar for other health conscious people.
  • tristanathan
    Options
    A lot of things I was reading about say that you can order a tequila and water with ice...then add these: http://www.bajabob.com/singles.html

You probably won't have them in time for this happy hour, but maybe the next.

I love Baja Bob Margarita mixes, especially the triple citrus. When I have a get together, thats what I make. When I tell people, after they complement how delicious they are, that they are lightened and that the only calories come from the tequila, they are super impressed. I've even got my family hooked on them. :) At my parents 40th anniversary, I made margaritas with the triple citrus, 1800, and some Luna Triple Sec, I received compliments that they were the best margaritas they had tried.