CARBS!!

Options
Ok so my calorie count allows me 165 for carbs. Now is that grams?? and if so isnt that alot of carbs. I dont eat white flour or processed food anymore. But i do notice for instince that me eaing an orange carries 21 carbs. i find that to be alot, but im totally clueless. Im on a 1200 calorie diet and im 5'4. So if anyone can help and tell me how many carbs in grams I should be eating and is that what the calorie counter counts?

Thanks!

Replies

• gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Yep, that is the number of grams you should be aiming for. 165 isn't that much. You and I have very different goals, but my daily carb goal is about 350g! Also, while comparing your goals to others is a great way to get a general idea of where you should be at, everybody is different, so you should tailor your diet to match not only your goals, but also what works best for you individually.

Best of Luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You can change the goal if you want, but that's already 55% of your daily calories from carbs. How much would you think is reasonable?
  • yoliprdr
    yoliprdr Posts: 13
    Options
    I dont know. Thats why im asking cause i dont want to eat too much carbs either. and how do i change my amount too? i tried looking for it but cant find it.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have I think 150 allowed carbs and my goals are 40/30/30. I notice when I eat a "bad" snack (slice of cake, donut, etc) I have trouble staying under my goal. But when I eat healthy it's really easy. Just take baby steps and change your habits one at a time.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine below 100 per day...I rarely go over 50 to be honest. But, I was told by my trainer/dietician that I should start incorporation complex carbs into my diet. Im eating quinoa and orange lentils, so Im up to 78 so far today. I will see what happens.
  • yoliprdr
    yoliprdr Posts: 13
    Options
    I used 77 grams already today with my dinner put in so maybe i dont really need all those carbs. lol. so i think ill put in 150 since ive been ranging between 100-150.