Go ahead, stare =)

Options
Yesterday I went to the beauty shop to get my do did. I hadn't been in there since last year so we're lookin at, what, 8 months at least? I got the biggest kick out of the girls! One of them didn't even recognize me. It was fairly hilarious. Donna, the owner, just kept staring at me the whole time I was there. She asked, "Does everyone stare at you like I'm doing?" I laughed and told her no, most people have seen me more recently than she has. At any rate, I left there not only feeling prettier for having my hair cut but feeling totally stoked at their reaction to me.

What kind of reactions have you gotten from people that haven't seen you in a while? :happy:

Replies

• walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Awesome! Where's the pic of new do????
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    ♥ it!!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I will try to get a good pic of the hair asap. I'll make it my profile pic so you don't miss it =P
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good on ya, and congrats! :)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I hope they notice when I go to the dentist today :):tongue:
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is really cool, Gratz. I cant wait to experience it hehe
  • japerkat
    japerkat Posts: 7
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great Job!!
  • gertudejekyl
    Options
    Yes, I like to see it too :mad: :smile:
  • gertudejekyl
    Options
    I don't know how that terrible red smiley got in there ! :(
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Cool!!! Congrats!!
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I recently visited a friend I hadn't seen in two years. I weighed 207 two years ago, and I weigh ~175 now (which is still chunky for a someone who's only 5'2"). He looked at me and said, "oh my God, you're tiny!"
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes I get stared at constantly from people I haven't seen in a long time. Honestly, it makes me uncomfortable, LOL! Then again, I HATE being the center of attention and with as much weight as I have lost, I am having to get used to it, LOL!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Sometimes I forget that some people haven't seen me in a while, and they're completely shocked. My dad hadn't seen me since I lost the last 55 lbs, and my stepmom said she turned to my dad and said "That can't be Rachel." Whenever I'd talk to him on the phone he'd bring up the 17 Day Diet he was doing with his co-workers, and how I should give it a try. I said I was already eating all that stuff, and he said "Yeah, but probably too much of it." I felt so bad, like I was lying, but he was pretty stoked when he saw me. :bigsmile:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    After I lost 100 pounds, I would run into people I hadn't seen in over a year or more and when I said hi, they would stop, stare blankly for a minute, then there would be a sudden flicker of recognition across their faces and their jaw would drop. It was pretty consistent every time. And I never got tired of it. And many of them would ask how I lost the weight. I would alway say, "Diet and exercise," but I always wanted to say, "The fat fairies came and took it away in the middle of the night." People want to believe there just has to be some other way.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    congrats !!
  • livigabihuni
    Options
    I have certain people I only see once a year because of my job and after losing over 40 lbs I have gotten lots of comments and I did have one lady ask if I was the same person that came out the year before. I was happy to say "Yes I'm the same person." Just less of me :)

You are doing very Awesome. It was wonderful reading your story.
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started my "journey" Mid October (joined MFP in November). I play a LOT of softball and the winter is the off season (obviously). I had lost about 60lbs by the time they saw me again in March. I deliberately didn't post any pics on FB or anywhere they could see. To say my teammates were stunned is an understatement.

I also deal with our sales people about twice a year and they just saw me for the first time since the "journey" started last month. I had lost 70lbs by then. Again shocked doesn't begin to describe it.

Made me feel really good.
  • Lize11e
    Options
    I don't know how that terrible red smiley got in there ! :(

Haha! It's ok, I got a good laugh out of the red frowny :laugh:
  • Lize11e
    Options
    Ok, here's the hair :wink:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes I get stared at constantly from people I haven't seen in a long time. Honestly, it makes me uncomfortable, LOL! Then again, I HATE being the center of attention and with as much weight as I have lost, I am having to get used to it, LOL!

Holy smokes, girl! 190! Way to go! I"ll bet your whole life is different. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...even the attention.