Food Diary...starting again!

Options
:smile: Hi everyone....

A nutritionist recommended this site to me because I HATE journaling my food....probably my biggest down fall.

Well, I started a week ago...posted one or two days....didn't keep up with it.......here I am back again.

I am going to put forth a lot of effort this week...

I guess and will keep you posted.

Sheri Lou

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I was AMAZED at how much it helped me keep on track with my calorie goals, to journal my food intake. So, as hard as it might be to build this new habit, it's really worth it. If you have an iPhone or Droid phone, the mobile app makes it even easier to enter food. One of the tools is a bar code scanner -- just point your phone at the package of whatever you're eating and ZAP, you've recorded it. Major kewlness.

Keep it up, and you might even become addicted to MFP. It's been known to happen. :)
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hey
    been on for almost week, I really only joined to log my weight but the food journal has come in quite handy. I've actually not eatten certain foods because I didn't want to log it.
    I mostly use the app on my android, it's so much easier and convenient.
    Stick with it, it will be well worth it.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Its not really so bad once you get used to it. i hated counting calories and dieting in the past. thought i could never do it. but now, i'm doing it for a few months now, lost weight, its great. it gets better, with every day you do it. just stick to it. its all about determination and willpower.

good luck to you.
  • shaeheartsulta
    Options
    Hi! It's a good thing that you came back. I felt the same why when I first started, but here I am back again too! I've been keeping up for the past 2 weeks and this website really helps! I've lost 21 pounds using this and all the people on here are really supportive. You should add me as a friend so we can motivate each other! :)
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, the MFP App is an awesome way to keep your journal up. I've even started scanning barcodes at the grocery store with it. Unforunatley, I now have to clean my phone nightly as it's become a popular kitchen utensil :}
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    i love the barcode scanner for the APPs- make it fun!!