OMG the scale moved

Options
pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
After 6 months of a steady 230 pounds the scale finally moved in the right direction!!!!!!
I lost 4 pounds!!!!! I thought it was a mistake so didn't record the loss but after 4 days it still says 225 to 226 pounds. I started a new "healthy lifestyle" 6 months ago but the scale never moved. I was very good about exercise but not so good about food (more portions than choices). I started this site a few weeks ago and can't believe it. It makes me more conscious of what and how much I eat. I put in the foods (I'm the cook so I know what I will be making for dinner) and look at the portions at the beginning of the day then I can look at where to cut down or eliminate to keep within the calories. At the end of the day or the next day I correct for any changes. This has really kept me in check!

Replies

• pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After 6 months of a steady 230 pounds the scale finally moved in the right direction!!!!!!
    I lost 4 pounds!!!!! I thought it was a mistake so didn't record the loss but after 4 days it still says 225 to 226 pounds. I started a new "healthy lifestyle" 6 months ago but the scale never moved. I was very good about exercise but not so good about food (more portions than choices). I started this site a few weeks ago and can't believe it. It makes me more conscious of what and how much I eat. I put in the foods (I'm the cook so I know what I will be making for dinner) and look at the portions at the beginning of the day then I can look at where to cut down or eliminate to keep within the calories. At the end of the day or the next day I correct for any changes. This has really kept me in check!
  • shamahn17
    shamahn17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! That is awesome - keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
    Glad you finally broke the plateau :)
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :drinker: that is so great,, i have been having a problem with the stubborn scales also.. i dont know if i should use the scales ta work or mine .. mine is digital and the one at work is like a doctor scale??
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I was the same way it's hard not to get discourage. I was doing the same problem with the food and all this site has helped so much. Congrads on your 4 lbs!!!!!! It will start just shedding off now, you just wait.

Continue what your doing! :happy:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I agree its gonna start comin off more and more....woo hoo!!!

big hugs to ya!
    Ali :drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :drinker: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Progress is a wonderful motivator!!!!:drinker: