Another newbie

Hi Folks.
I joined the site last Saturday and am loving it so far. I want to lose about 3-4 stone and want to change my eating habits for good. I've always been a little bit chubby and that was OK when I was doing a lot of exercise like hill walking and playing golf because I felt fit but over the past few years my work has sorta stopped me doing that ( I work eight 9 hour shifts and 2 days off at the mo and start at 7am most days) and I've piled on the weight.
I've also done crash diets like Atkins in the past and yes they have worked in the short term but I've always put the weight back on. This time I'm looking for a change in my attitude towards food. Its no longer going to be my comfort. For that reason I'm not denying myself any particular food but instead moderating my portion sizes, sticking to the calorie count and doing a lot more exercise. So I've dusted off the rowing machine I bought 3 years ago and its getting used every day now.
Hopefully I'll see you around the website.
Cheers
PS - I love the barcode scanner on the android app - it make it really easy to log everything I eat.

Replies