Which BF% calipers to buy?

Options
Hello! I am looking to buy a set of calipers to measure my BF%. I attend fitness classes and the instructor has a digital Omron "thingy" to measure, but i have heard calipers are more accurate.

Any advice? Does it matter what ones i get? Just saw this on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/AccuMeasure-MyoTape-AM-3000-Fitness-Personal/dp/B002VAPHXW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like to know the answer to this as well, as I've been looking and pricing calipers as well! :o)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I have that one. I'm happy with it. I don't like the bioimpedence things but I don't have a ton of experience with them.

With all of them, be forewarned that BF% changes very slowly, unless you're really losing weight at a great clip. I tend to not measure BF% much because the lack of change is frustrating to me.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have that one. I'm happy with it. I don't like the bioimpedence things but I don't have a ton of experience with them.

With all of them, be forewarned that BF% changes very slowly, unless you're really losing weight at a great clip. I tend to not measure BF% much because the lack of change is frustrating to me.

Thanks. I dont expect drastic changes, i am just sick of my scale haha. I dont like that being the main way i track my progress. My weight has plateaued since April but my fitness instructor's measurements indicate i am still losing BF% (a bit) and a small amount of inches.