How to eat healthily in these circumstances..

Options
My friends eat junk around me, my fiance LOVES his pasta...and hamburger helper...and nachos... etc etc etc..
We eat HUGE servings.. but its like im an unstoppable monster that doesnt stop eating....WHATTTT Do i do???
do i just cut cold turkey, cut my servings down to like one cup of spaghetti??
or should i stop completely??

Replies

• dpagz
    dpagz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can have anything u want in moderation.when u go out to eat look for healthier choices on the menu. And measure everything before u eat it at home u gotta look at it as a life change not a diet.
  • ashleysimoneau
    Options
    I definitely understand the frustration here. My family is all mostly a normal weight or close to it, so they always seem to be eating out or eating things that are bad for them. What I'm trying to stick to is to eat as best as you can under those circumstances. If your fiance wants to eat bad, then go ahead and let him, but it doesn't mean you have to too! If you go out to eat, there's always some kind of a healthy menu to order from. If not, try a salad and a water with lemon instead of getting soda (even diet) or juice. If he's eating badly at home, then just eat the suggested portions. If you know it's something that's very bad for you - and you will, thanks to the nutrition tracking - don't eat it! Just make yourself something healthy. You can still eat together :) It just doesn't have to be the same thing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone-for me, I still eat whatever I feel like (on certain days at least, if I have pizza for lunch I won't have pasta for dinner or something similar) I'm a firm believer that if I deny myself something completely, I'm just going to crash and burn and binge on it later. So, if you notice from my food diary, I'll plan my day out in advance-like this weekend is my boyfriend's mother's birthday AND my mom's birthday so I've already looked and gotten an idea of what I can eat without going over my limits. There's certain things I love (pasta is one of them too!) So I"ll eat it but I watch serving sizes.

See what works for you, you might be better off quiting cold, maybe not. Also for nachos-I've found taking tortiall shells/wrap and baking them works wonders for making nachos-I'll send the recipe I grabbed from someone on here in a minute
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    You can have anything u want in moderation.when u go out to eat look for healthier choices on the menu. And measure everything before u eat it at home u gotta look at it as a life change not a diet.

Totally agree!! Moderation and measuring is key!!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Eat your spaghetti on a smaller plate, it'll seem like more and you will feel full faster!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Eat your spaghetti on a smaller plate, it'll seem like more and you will feel full faster!

^^^ I was about to post the same thing. Get a smaller plate.

Also, make sure that when you eat spaghetti, you are eating a quality protein with it. That will fill you up faster and give you a longer-lasting feeling of being full.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    The thing that helps me is saying to myself, "You don't need that much food." Sounds simple, but it's really the only thing that works. That and I eat one small meal a day and one huge one. I still get to eat about 1000 cals at my big midday meal. It works for me. I'm able to maintain that (and I have).
  • SaraSweetheart
    SaraSweetheart Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try to have a couple smoothies per day. I eat WAY LESS because I'm full of fibre. And I get some nasty green things in me that I wouldn't eat otherwise. I like to throw in some skim milk, a banana, strawberries, blueberries, and as much kale and spinach as I can fit in the blender! You'll be way more satiated as you're full of vitamins. It works for me. And load up before noon too... you'll eat WAY less throughout the day. It'll help with portion controll!