HRM reccomendations

Options
I am looking for a new Hear Rate Monitor with chest strap but there are sooooo many to choose from. What are some recommendations for one that is easy to use, accurate, and not very expensive??

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It's been so good to me!
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 never fails :D
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It's been so good to me!

This. I like how it doesn't have a hard plastic chest strap. Barely notice I'm wearing it.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    same polar ft4 LOVE IT!!! :smile:
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, has been awesome. LOVE IT!!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7.
  • jrzygrl613
    jrzygrl613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too love my Polar FT4. I just bought it last month. Very easy to use, tracks calories burned. I found it on heartratemonitorsusa.com. I found a coupon code on retailmenot.com to save some money. Ordered on a Wednesday night, and it was delivered Friday.
  • beandawgy
    beandawgy Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm part of the FT4 club as well. Reasonably priced and accurate!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use the FT7. Look up the guide here on how to more accurately set them :)
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The FT4 and FT7 are very popular choices. I was using the FT7 for a while and then found a Bluetooth HRM from Zephyr Technologies. I use this as my primary now only because there is plenty of supported Apps for your phone that can record, track your HR stats as well as other data like map data of your workout, speed, altitude and other. Keep in ind though other than HR , cadence (This are recorded by the app not the HRM. )

http://www.zephyr-technology.com/consumer-hxm
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Would be curious to hear if anyone recommends the Polar H7 or Wahoo Blue low-power bluetooth HRMs that work directly with the Bluetooth low energy phones (iphone 4S) for example.... been pondering one of those myself.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it!

^this
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Where would I find the guide??

I use the FT7. Look up the guide here on how to more accurately set them :)
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Anything Polar. I love my FT40.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7, very happy with it. The Polar site has a tool to help you select the right HRM for you based upon your workouts.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Polar FT40. One of the more expensive ones, but worth every penny.
  • PunkE
    PunkE Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using the New Balance N4 Pearl Heart Rate Monitor for a month now, and I love it so much. Yesterday, I decided to put some of the results of my HRM in the blog section of myfitnesspal. You have now given me the idea to mention in the blog what HRM I am using in case anyone else wants to see how I have successfully incorporated it into my workouts.

I think I will add all the results next time, to help other heart rate monitor shoppers assess and visualize how having this one would impact a workout!

Additionally, I'll make a point to add a photo of it into my gallery soon!
    In the meantime you can take a look on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B003A0QEMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342724498&sr=8-1&keywords=New+Balance+N4+Pearl+Heart+Rate+Monitor
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    :wink: