Hip Hop Abs

Options
SeaChele77
SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
I got sucked into the informercial the other day and wanted to see if anyone has actually purchased Hip Hop Abs and if they like it, saw results, etc?

I didn't buy it...yet, but it looks fun! Wanted to get some feedback before I proceed.

Thanks

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see the informercial I think about it...it looks fun! But like it might work-maybe?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It might burn a few calories but I think you're better off weight training and doing cardio.

I had the best abs of my life when I didn't work my abs hardly at all, so I'd say a program based around working them a lot probably won't get you that type of results.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It might burn a few calories but I think you're better off weight training and doing cardio.

I had the best abs of my life when I didn't work my abs hardly at all, so I'd say a program based around working them a lot probably won't get you that type of results.

It looks like a lot of cardio (as well as targeting the abs) - but again fun being the key word. Working out can be so much better if you're having fun. :bigsmile:
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There's alot of cardio, but also toning dvd's that come with it. And Shaun T is hilarious....:tongue:
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought it off ebay recently and tried it for the first time last night. It was ok, but I wasn't "loving it". I felt it a little in my abs but hardly broke a sweat during the 30 min dvd. I bought it because I love Zumba, and I thought maybe it would be as much fun.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I bought it off ebay recently and tried it for the first time last night. It was ok, but I wasn't "loving it". I felt it a little in my abs but hardly broke a sweat during the 30 min dvd. I bought it because I love Zumba, and I thought maybe it would be as much fun.

Well that's disappointing...are you going to keep at it do you think?
  • NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    I like it OK, and it's fun for something different, but I much prefer Turbo Jam. I think it is a better overall workout. If you want to get either one, check ebay first. I got the Hip Hop Abs set super cheap on ebay.
  • Sammyjo4486
    Options
    I did it for some time and got much better results from zumba. And I had more fun doing zumba too.
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I purchased it and used it for a month, I didn't really see any results.. its a lot of dancing but, I use Insanity now but not everyday either. I like the calorie burn and the cardio, it is challenging and I will do this one at least 2 or 3 times a week...It's cool. But I think overall those are also designed for us to follow the entire program with food, exercise and their suggested diet pills or if they call it vitamins (lol)... but with anything if it was truely an amazing product it would sell like hot cakes...

I like it though, but currently like working outdoors and with weight trainining, but if you want to dance and get a good burn it is awesome.. I also have Zumba Exhilarate which is the bomb when I want to have a cardio dance.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it !!!! I have been using Shaun T for a long time ... these are incredible workouts ! It depends on how much you push yourself in order to get a great burn / workout !

You do use hand weights in some of the DVD's .. so there is some strength training ... I use weights even in the DVD's that don't require it ... just to make it more intense !

You can burn 300 to 500 calories in 45 min if you really push yourself ! Even the 30 min DVD done with weights can burn 300 cal ... sometimes I do a " double " dose of the same DVD !

Shaun T is hilarious and you really get to groove while working out ! If you like to keep moving ... you will love this !

The first time I followed the regimen ... but now I do whatever DVD I want ... currently I implement it into my strength training schedule ...

M - The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women
    T - Cardio ( Shaun T or biking )
    W - The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women
    T - Cardio ( Shaun T or biking )
    F - The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women

Sat and Sun : Biking / walking / swimming

A nice balance of strength / cardio / fun ... is key to loving your regimen !

:smile: