Done w/ MFP...

Options
in the past 2 - 3 weeks i have posted topics asking for advise/suggestions but for some reason i haven't gotten one single reply. i see that my post this AM had about 50 views and not one single person responded. i am going to find another site that members might actually reply back to my questions. Good luck to all on acheiving their goals. i am just going to find another site to help me acheive mine.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Some times you haev to look at the timing of your questions. They can get lost in a flurry of other posts. Instead of taking you ball and going home, maybe you can find other posts that answer your questions.

I see you have only posted 9 times including this post.... what are your questions
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I just got back on here for the first time in months, so I don't know, but it's possible you had a dilemma that noone had a solution to, or even that it was something that is seen alot on the boards-- have you tried reading other threads?

I wish you the best of luck wherever you go!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I've not been very active, but I have noticed that other than a few well known (to the boards) people, most of the people that get replies have up a picture or a name? Obviously I don't use my picture but I thought I'd mention it in case you thought you might try again.

Good luck!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I went into your profile and looked at all your posts. You have received answers on all of them except for one. And that one post you weren't asking a question.

What exactly are you looking for?
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I went into your profile and looked at all your posts. You have received answers on all of them except for one. And that one post you weren't asking a question.

I was just wondering the same thing. The only post I saw that was unanswered was from this morning and it sounded like you had your plan pretty much worked out.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,611 Member
    Options

I was just wondering the same thing. The only post I saw that was unanswered was from this morning and it sounded like you had your plan pretty much worked out.
    Me three...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I've always gotten great helpful answers to all my questions. I looked at your most recent posts and your questions are very specific/involved/confusing. I'm sure a lot of us just don't have a lot to say about very specific situations. And, sometimes the answer is simply that you need to figure it out for yourself.

Good luck finding an online community as supportive, straight-forward, user-friendly, and helpful as this one. IME, it just doesn't exist. It's a shame your feelings were hurt -- remember sometimes it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. You may have to bump your own questions so that more people will see them, or look at your questions objectively and see if they really make sense to other people. Or, maybe, search the forums for answers to your questions before you ask them. I could see how the veterans here may get tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. That's why there are all the sticky posts at the top of the general diet & weightloss forum for newbies. Read those -- they answer a lot.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    in the past 2 - 3 weeks i have posted topics asking for advise/suggestions but for some reason i haven't gotten one single reply. i see that my post this AM had about 50 views and not one single person responded. i am going to find another site that members might actually reply back to my questions. Good luck to all on acheiving their goals. i am just going to find another site to help me acheive mine.
    :sad: :sad:

:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I am sorry but this made me LOL!!!

Marla, your kids must have to have an arm off to get attention :laugh:

As for the poster, did you ever repond to someone else?
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

Maybe you need to go back and look at the topics you've posted. Seems you get a bunch of replys, you just aren't looking. When you are in the message board area, there's a place at the top to click on "My Topics". Those are the threads you've posted to at all. They are in order of the most recently posted on. Try it. You do get hits and feedback.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I am sorry but this made me LOL!!!

Marla, your kids must have to have an arm off to get attention :laugh:

As for the poster, did you ever repond to someone else?

LOL....it's a cruel world out there, Jeannie.
  • WDE23
    WDE23 Posts: 21
    Options
    Marla64...very mature. Shamrock14...thank you for your post. i see what you are talking about now. i apologize for my initial post. i am still getting the hang of this website.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Marla64...very mature.

:laugh: She only wrote what the rest of us were thinking. :wink:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Marla64...very mature. Shamrock14...thank you for your post. i see what you are talking about now. i apologize for my initial post. i am still getting the hang of this website.

No problem.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about the confusion! This place is like a busy city street. Lots of bumping into people and easy to get lost. Like PP said- go to 'My Topics', it will save your life!!! You'll always know where you posted.

Also, I always suggest having a friendly, positive attitude. If you're nice to people and genuinely involved in what they have to say, they're probably going to be more interested in your threads, too! It's tough being a newbie (I've only been here 2 days minus 3 weeks, believe it or not!) and coming into a group with already established relationships. But the people here really are friendly and happy to help however they can!

I hope that you're not thrown too far off-course, and that you will find the answers to your satisfaction. Best wishes!

:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah Marla...why would you respond that way to a direct attack, whats your problem?

LOL OMG:huh: :noway:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't leave! This is day 5 for me, and in the short time I've been here, I love it! Everyone is great and there is a plethora of knowledge from all over. I agree, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes, you just have to bump your posts to get responses, or you have to search for your posts. But, the wealth of information and the supportiveness of everyone on here is too good to pass by. We are all here for a main goal.

Also remember that this is a VERY stressful and busy time for folks that are on healthy eating/exercise plans. IT'S THE ATTACK OF THE HOLIDAY FOODS!!! Mix in no time for exercise and EVERYONE is here looking for support and advice. Just hang in there!!!