HG's Death by Chocolate Cupcakes

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
I'm making these for my 7 yo's school Teacher Appreciation week. Hope they like them!

Ingredients:
2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix (half of an 18.25-oz. box)
Two 25-calorie packets diet hot cocoa mix
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Place chocolate chips and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer to chill for 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once cocoa has chilled, give it a stir, and mix with all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip batter with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter (which will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up!) into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Calories: 108
Fat: 2.5g
Sodium: 239mg
Carbs: 19g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 12g
Protein: 2g

POINTS® value 2*

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    I'm making these for my 7 yo's school Teacher Appreciation week. Hope they like them!

Ingredients:
    2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix (half of an 18.25-oz. box)
    Two 25-calorie packets diet hot cocoa mix
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    2 tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
    Place chocolate chips and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer to chill for 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once cocoa has chilled, give it a stir, and mix with all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip batter with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter (which will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up!) into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cupcake
    Calories: 108
    Fat: 2.5g
    Sodium: 239mg
    Carbs: 19g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugars: 12g
    Protein: 2g

POINTS® value 2*
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ordered this cook book a week ago cant wait for it to come ! have you made anything else out of the cook book? how did it taste?
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I've made so many things out of the cookbook.
    I will have to get back to you on that so I can go through the book and jot down the ones I've done:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    All the teachers enjoyed these cupcakes.
    I will be making a batch for home today.

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok, I made a small batch today and wow... these are soooo yummy and moist.
    Will definitely make these again.