What are some no calorie/negative calorie foods?

Options
In my quest for breakfast this morning, My dad had made some of those cinnamon toast sticks you can buy at the store. I saw them in the fridge and there was 6 of them left so I just ate them because there wasn't really any other breakfast foods. I figured they'd be high in calories but they ended up wipping out my whole days worth of calories and then some. Now I'm going to have to work out extra hard tonight to get some of my calories back but I really don't want to use them. What are some no calorie/negative calorie foods?

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    ..... Exercise?

There is no such thing as no calorie food. There are things with so few calories you basically burn more digesting them than they are worth. Veggies are your best bet for most filling/fewest calories. Carrots are a good filler.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of dill pickles at home that says 0 cals on the label.

Carrots and celery do contain calories, but it's not enough that it's going to halt your progress.

Just munch on fruit and steamed vegetables for lunch, and have a nice light but still well rounded dinner. One day of mess-ups isn't going to ruin everything.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Live and Learn! Best bet for breakfast is eggs in my opinion!
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is 1/4 cup egg beaters on 1 slice of low cal wheat bread with laughing cow cheese. Its kind of like an egg and cheese sandwich but low calorie. It fills me up to.
  • Angelpacheco
    Options
    Celery, cucumbers & lettuce are all great to snack on.
    It's said celery is a negative calorie because of the chewing & the fact it's mostly water. I love it as a snack.

#1) Celery
    One cup of celery (120g) contains only 19 calories. It takes far more than 19 calories to prepare, eat, digest and eliminate this one cup of celery, and that's what qualifies it as a negative-calorie food. You can eat as much celery as you want, and you won't gain body fat.

#2) Lettuce, onions and greens
    Lettuce is basically just structured water locked into a vegetable matrix. One cup of typical iceberg lettuce contains just 8 calories, meaning you can munch on this to your heart's delight and you'll never gain an ounce of body fat.

#3) Pickles
    Pickles are, of course, made from cucumbers, and cucumbers are themselves a "negative-calorie food" because they're so sparse in calories. One cup of cucumbers contains a mere 16 calories.
    Does that mean one cup of pickles contains 16 calories, too? Well, not exactly. You have to watch out for the sugar content in some brands of pickles. Just pickling cucumbers in vinegar, water and spices won't add any calories, but a lot of today's most popular pickle brands contain added sugar. This typically adds only a slight amount of calories to the food. Dill pickles made from cucumbers, for example, have 17 calories per cup.

I hope this helps. I also Love watermelon...
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    for the future there is no law that you are only allowed to eat breakfasty foods for breakfast. Its not uncommon for me to have a PBandJ or soup as my first meal.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I would not advise loading yourself up with pickles before you check the sodium content though. Next you know, the scale will be up and you'll be saying "What the Hell happened there?"
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day. Just eat when you're hungry, and don't make the same mistake next time. It's not the end of the world if you go over on calories now and then.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No calories: air, water.

Negative calories: if you eat a chocolate bar while on a elliptical & burn more than you eat then bam, negative calorie chocolate bar! You can thank me later.