Starting Insanity today- eek!

Options
My hubby got the first month of Insanity from a buddy at work. We are both going to try it out. I have been doing Bodyrock for almost a month now and have seen some good results. I still have almost 50 lbs I would like to lose and I'm hoping Insanity will give me the boost I need (I've been in a rut for almost a year now-grrr). I am very scared to try this program out. I have never done anything this extreme before. I'm excited, nervous, terrified, and want to run away and hide right now. My main goal for the Fit Test is to finish it without dying :tongue: I'm hoping that in 2 months (give or take) I will finally be one of the people posting my success story! :smile:

Replies

• MsSurrender
    Options
    good luck. Its kicking my behind still =)
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Good luck to you! Insanity does live up to its name. Just do what you can, be patient with it, and HAVE FUN!
  • jorjiporji
    Options
    I also have insanity and have 48lbs to go! I did the warm up for it and was wiped out!! Let me know how it goes for you, good luck!!!
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't be terrified. Do what you can do. Don't try to keep up with the crazy people on the dvd. Do everything at your pace and you'll be fine. Insanity is mind over matter. Just do the best you can! Good luck!
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am starting officially August 1st, but I did the fit test and the first day just to try it out. LOVED it. I think it will for sure get harder as I go on but at first it just so much fun and I sweat buckets ! GL!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    good luck! I hope to start it once I finish ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X...so next spring! :)
  • japerkat
    japerkat Posts: 7
    Options
    Great Job! I'm starting next Monday!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 today. It's pretty insane. When I did the first warmup , I was like that's a warm up?? You mean there is still the actual work out to do????
  • meangel2009
    Options
    I am doing insanity also! I am bearly making it through the fit test but I am doing day 2 today! It makes ma sweat like a crazy person lol..Best of luck to ya!
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I didn't do too bad. I was about the same as the dude on there when he first started. I figure that's probably a good sign. Right??? :wink:
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've done day 3 today.... my legs are wrecking and my bum cheeks haha x lots of cardio and yes sweat soooo much but all good. :) x
  • lloyd_75
    lloyd_75 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the recovery week. No visible results, but I do feel a little firmer. Also, I'm pretty sure i could run a marathon if I had to. My endurance is way up. I'm hoping to see visible results in month 2. Good luck!!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the recovery week. No visible results, but I do feel a little firmer. Also, I'm pretty sure i could run a marathon if I had to. My endurance is way up. I'm hoping to see visible results in month 2. Good luck!!!

Same here and good luck OP. It's a challenge but it's fun.
  • kwoohare
    kwoohare Posts: 35
    Options
    Don't be terrified. Do what you can do. Don't try to keep up with the crazy people on the dvd. Do everything at your pace and you'll be fine. Insanity is mind over matter. Just do the best you can! Good luck!

this is EXACTLY what I was going to say. :) I am in Month 2. Take it day by day! Good luck!
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I heard a lot of people throw up on the first day. Is this true? You will have to let me know lol

I did not puke. My hubby almost did. It took him about 2 hours to recover from the fit test. I did day 2 today- the plyo cardio circuit. It was killer but I finished it!