Hello

I am kind of new here, I am coming back really. Anyways, hello everyone I am 42 and I find myself spending a lot of time on here. I am trying to lose about 35 pounds and hope this will help me get to that goal. Thanks to all of you for your positive posts it really helps.

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Hey there, welcome! I'm about the same age, and have been working on losing about the same amount, so send me a friend request if you're looking for a new MFPal!
  • chelle866
    chelle866 Posts: 53
    hi :D welcome and good luck :)
  • Thanks, I appreciate it.
  • joannaleasa
    joannaleasa Posts: 25 Member
    hi Im new here this is my first post.. I'm 41 and falling apart, I didn't realise calories had sooo much to do with weight gain, my Dr told me yesterday I have little chance of losing weight because of my age and that 'middle age spread' is natural, over the last few months Ive tried the fitness pal but not daily though now thats the plan.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    my Dr told me yesterday I have little chance of losing weight because of my age and that 'middle age spread' is natural,

What?? WHHAAAT??? A DOCTOR told you just to give up on trying to lose some weight??? WHAAT? "Little chance of losing weight"? Holy crap!    You're 41, not 91, for cripe's sake!! A doctor??!

I am flabbergasted. This doctor needs to get on MFP and meet the thousands of 40-somethings and older who have successfully lost and KEPT OFF weight. There is no question that you can get back to your size 8 if you eat and exercise like the person you want to be. NO question.

It's true that muscle mass will naturally decrease as one gets older, but that just means you need to make a little conscious effort to keep it up. And you don't have spend an hour at the gym every day for the rest of your life to do it, either.

Set reasonable, achievable goals...build an exercise habit...track your food and exercise...and follow the MFP guidelines and end each day as close to "0 Calories Remaining" as you can. You'll get fit enough to go back and kick that doctor's butt! lol

You CAN do this! You definitely can.

*wiping his brow as he gets off his little soapbox

Take care!