HRM reccomendations

Options

Replies

• thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought a POlar FT7 before I started P90X. It was about $80 and it was my best fitness investment ever. It calculates your calories burned, which is why I chose it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4! Its easy to use, you can barely feel the strap and you can get it for around $80.00. It's worth every penny! I even found one in pink. :)
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    New Balance N4 Pearl Heart Rate Monitor
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4.
  • pjwcampbell
    pjwcampbell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love my Timex Road Trainer. When I'm riding my bike I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 which includes GPS. Love them both.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Recently purchased and received the Polar FT7 and so far, loving it!!!
  • kristymcgee
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7, it works with the machines in the gym and is so comfortable - i dont know i have it on. I will tell you though, i bought mine from Amazon for $80- but the brick and mortar stores here (walmart, target, best buy) have them at $110. :noway:
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4! Love it :)
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Agree with everyone that has said Polar. I have the FT7 and it is awesome. Beyond that, when I did have an issue with the chest strap communicating with the watch their were no questions asked and it was repaired and back to me very fast.
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Can you guys clarify what 'zone' I am supposed to be in to burn my maximum calories, if I'm using a monitor for walking? I just ordered one last week, should be getting it any day now. I'm a little confused about the different zones and what zone I am supposed to be in at what times!?
  • photojennik
    Options
    I have the Garmin FR70. Its great and I dont even notice the band. Uploads wirelessly the data from my workouts.... LOVE IT!
  • kalazaun
    kalazaun Posts: 3
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 110 and LOVE it!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have just bought an FT4. Has anyone ever used theirs in the pool. It says it is ok, and the transmitter and watch are water resistant for up to 30 metres - but has anyone actually done it?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    FT60...love it! X
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar FT7 based on the the recommendations I've seen on the forums. I placed the order a couple days ago w/ EastBay - and they have a promo code on the home page that you can use for free shipping.
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and I LOVE it. Granted, it is a bit expensive, but I found a good deal at Amazon.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just got my FT4 for under $60.

Bodytronics.com, use coupon code POPO when checking out. $58.79

Can't wait to try it out!!!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I am looking for a new Hear Rate Monitor with chest strap but there are sooooo many to choose from. What are some recommendations for one that is easy to use, accurate, and not very expensive??

I have a Polar FT60 that I got off eBay for not a lot of money. I also have the FT7, which is also good - I highly recommend either.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just got a polar ft4 two days ago and it's kind of my new best friend.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Suunto M4 - reviewed with the Polar and came out equal. Fabulous light strap, big clear dial and prettier than the Polar!