one of those days.

Options
Today is one of those unfortunate days when I simply can't get enough to eat. I'm stuck at work on a 12 hour shift and can only eat what I've brought, but the prolem is it isn't even dinner time and I've eaten all but 200 calories of my day. I had my breakfast (avacado) at 7am and then had a huge salad for lunch with cheese and olives on it. Usually that holds me just fine until dinner if I'm not exercizing for the day. But around 2 I was so hungry I had to leave work and go to the sub shop next door and got a chicken gyro and I splurged on some chips. and now I just ate an apple. I feel like such a pig! it's now 5:15 and I'm not hungry yet, but I know I will be in another hour or so, and I will be out of work. Hopefully I can find time to get a walk in before it gets dark, otherwise it's lettuce leaves and vinegar for dinner. I wonder why i have days like this where I can't seem to eat enough and I have the super munchies?

Replies

• vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I work events so some days I have really long days and the stress adds to that and I can eat like a 10' man ( I'm a 5' woman :))
    One of the things that helps is drinking water with lemon or crystal light...It fills me up...I always try to plan long days in advance
    and leaving about 400 calories for dinner---maybe piling up on veggies and fruit...do you have a microwave at work? If so, you could bring a big potato and add fat free cream cheese and brocoli that's like 175 calories...don't get discouraged, we can do this!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days yesterday. Now today I just haven't been hungry and I still have 1100 calories left to use. It's almost 6pm. Isn't it crazy how you can feel one way one day and the next it's totally opposite?
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I think it's a part of being female. Monday and Tuesday this week i wanted to eat like i had a hollow leg. Yesterday i struggled to eat all my cals. I've just learned to accept it and try not to do too much damage when i eat on the hungry days,
  • love2nicks
    love2nicks Posts: 21
    Options
    at least I know I'm not alone! I wonder sometimes if it's hormonal but AF isn't due for some time so I don't think that's it. I am craving salty stuff too, of course, the worst stuff!